facebook

Target runtime JBoss v4.0 is not defined

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I am getting the error “Target runtime JBoss v4.0 is not defined” in my project. I am not sure what it is that I am missing. I searched the forums and faq’s and was not able to determine what it is that I need to configure.

In the preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers I have enable JBoss v4.0 and pointed it at the root dir of the appserver. For the JDK I have configured jdk 1.5.0_11 and added it as the JDK for JBoss v4.0. What am I missing?

Thanks
    g

#271559 Reply

Riyad Kalla

G,
    It sounds like you have WTP installed and your project is a WTP project, because part of the process of creating a new project in WTP is assigning a “runtime”. This doesn’t apply in MyEclipse.

If you’d like to create a new project using MyEclipse’s project types, you can go to File > New > Project > MyEclispe, and choose a project type under there.

#271575 Reply

I used a MyEclipse project when I set it up.

#271576 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm… when you open the project and go to Properties > MyEclipse, which icons are “lit up”?

Also where are you seeing that error? Down in the problems view?

Do you have a “Servers” preference panel under your project properties?

#271591 Reply

Web and struts

The error is in the problems view

There is no servers preference in the project properties.

#271599 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If you open up the deployment dialog (from the toolbar) does the project have any existing deployments? Try deploying it to JBoss and see if it works. I don’t know where that error is coming from.

#271973 Reply

Arnie Morein

I can’t speak as to how/why/when it was created, but look in the hidden folders inside your project. A file by the name of ‘org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml” exists and isn’t understood by MyEclipse. Delete it and the error should go away. Mine did.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Target runtime JBoss v4.0 is not defined

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in