facebook

Temporarily disabled CodeMix – Eclipse not starting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

connorrogers17
    Participant

Hi,

I have temporarily disabled CodeMix, but now my Eclipse IDE doesn’t want to start. Upon starting I get ‘An error has occured. See the log file …’

I have attached a copy of the logfile in question. I attempted to start Eclipse around 18:00 local time, so a lot of the messages before that time are most likely irrelevant. Can you please suggest what might be going wrong here and a possible solution?

Many thanks,
    Connor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #635721 Reply

support-swapna

Connor,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the log file.
    It looks like the failures are from Eclipse plugins, might indicate a corrupted state. I ran few tests with temporary disabling of CodeMix on Eclipse 4.13 with Java 11 and could not replicate the issue at my end.

Can you please try starting Eclipse with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if it loads fine?
    Edit the eclipse.ini file located in your Eclipse install directory and insert -clean as the first line. Or edit the shortcut you use to start Eclipse and add -clean as the first argument. You can also run it from command line : eclipse.exe -clean

If the above does not help, then the quickest way to get back on track is to get a fresh copy of Eclipse. I have filed the errors for further investigation with the dev team.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#636775 Reply

connorrogers17
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I tried this as suggested, but unfortunately just got the same error again. I have again attached the logfile. I imagine the best way to resolve this is a fresh copy of Eclipse as you suggest.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Many thanks,
    Connor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Temporarily disabled CodeMix – Eclipse not starting

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in