facebook

Terminal+ failing since upgrade

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mattonearth
    Participant

I have just updated my eclipse and codemix versions to the latest (see below).
    Terminal+ is working when I create a new terminal and execute a command. BUT the commands fired automatically, for example, when I try and create an Angular project or run an Angular Project, FAIL. Pasting the same command into a terminal I start works fine.
    Here is an example of me trying to create a new project and the commands that appear in the terminal created automatically

> Executing task in folder /Users/mattdavis/Eclipse-workspaces/eclipse/TestProject: npm install @angular/cli@9.0.7 <

Usage: npm <command>

where <command> is one of:
    access, adduser, audit, bin, bugs, c, cache, ci, cit,
    clean-install, clean-install-test, completion, config,
    create, ddp, dedupe, deprecate, dist-tag, docs, doctor,
    edit, explore, fund, get, help, help-search, hook, i, init,
    install, install-ci-test, install-test, it, link, list, ln,
    login, logout, ls, org, outdated, owner, pack, ping, prefix,
    profile, prune, publish, rb, rebuild, repo, restart, root,
    run, run-script, s, se, search, set, shrinkwrap, star,
    stars, start, stop, t, team, test, token, tst, un,
    uninstall, unpublish, unstar, up, update, v, version, view,
    whoami

npm <command> -h quick help on <command>
    npm -l display full usage info
    npm help <term> search for help on <term>
    npm help npm involved overview

Specify configs in the ini-formatted file:
    /Users/mattdavis/.npmrc
    or on the command line via: npm <command> –key value
    Config info can be viewed via: npm help config

npm@6.14.3 /Users/mattdavis/.codemix-store/npm/6.14.3
    The terminal process terminated with exit code: 1

This is weird behavior. It obviously finds NPM, so it is on the PATH, but it fails to understand the commands after ‘npm’, i.e. “install @angular/cli@9.0.7”
    I looked in the .metadata/log file and this is the entry

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.angular.ui 4 0 2020-03-22 16:38:46.450
    !MESSAGE Error found while executing commands to create poject TestProject.

–love the way you spell project!!! 😉

Here is an example of me trying to run an application

> Executing task in folder /Users/mattdavis/Eclipse-workspaces/eclipse/RoomBookingClinet: node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng serve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –webclipse-launch-id=4741038873777878717 <

Available Commands:
    add Adds support for an external library to your project.
    analytics Configures the gathering of Angular CLI usage metrics. See https://v8.angular.io/cli/usage-analytics-gathering.
    build (b) Compiles an Angular app into an output directory named dist/ at the given output path. Must be executed from within a workspace directory.
    deploy Invokes the deploy builder for a specified project or for the default project in the workspace.
    config Retrieves or sets Angular configuration values in the angular.json file for the workspace.
    doc (d) Opens the official Angular documentation (angular.io) in a browser, and searches for a given keyword.
    e2e (e) Builds and serves an Angular app, then runs end-to-end tests using Protractor.
    generate (g) Generates and/or modifies files based on a schematic.
    help Lists available commands and their short descriptions.
    lint (l) Runs linting tools on Angular app code in a given project folder.
    new (n) Creates a new workspace and an initial Angular app.
    run Runs an Architect target with an optional custom builder configuration defined in your project.
    serve (s) Builds and serves your app, rebuilding on file changes.
    test (t) Runs unit tests in a project.
    update Updates your application and its dependencies. See https://update.angular.io/
    version (v) Outputs Angular CLI version.
    xi18n (i18n-extract) Extracts i18n messages from source code.

For more detailed help run “ng [command name] –help”

Press any key to close the terminal.

If I type either command into a TERMINAL+ window they work fine

Any Ideas?

Environment:
    MacOS: 10.15.3 (19D76)
    Eclipse: Version: 2020-03 (4.15.0), Build id: 20200313-1211
    Codemix: Genuitec, LLC UI Plugin for Code Integration 3.6.0.202003031658

#648214 Reply

support-swapna

Matt,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We ran few checks with Eclipse 2020-03 + CodeMix CI 2020.3.3 on MAC but could not replicate the issue at our end.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Is this a fresh installation of Eclipse + CodeMix? Do you have any other installation of Eclipse (any version) + CodeMix (latest) in the same machine? If yes, then do you see the same problem with Terminal+ in that installation as well?

2. Any other third party plugins installed?

3. Do you see the issue if you switch to a new workspace? If yes,then please share the workspace log file (.metadata/.log) from both the workspaces to help us investigate further. Please change the extension to .txt and attach the files here.

4. Please also share a screenshot of the Terminal+ view showing the issue to help us get a visual of the view layout.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

P.S : We will fix the typo :-). Thank you for pointing to it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#650358 Reply

mattonearth
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. Your email gave me lots of ideas. I tried most of them, but then I remembered something I had done to my shell a few weeks back. For various reasons I was looking to update bash from V3.2 to the latest. I was following this article (https://itnext.io/upgrading-bash-on-macos-7138bd1066ba). I had changed my default shell from zsh to the new bash (chsh -s /usr/local/bin/bash). Everything worked fine. However, this seems to have had an unforeseen effect on Codemix. Not sure exactly what but it seems your routine to parse the parameters on the command line failed, hence the response I described above. By changing my default shell back to /bin/zsh (and rebooting my system – simply restarting eclipse did not work) everything started working.

You may want to look into why the Terminal+ program was failing when it was using /usr/local/bin/bash as the default shell.

Thanks for all the help

#651229 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Matt,

Thank you for sending in those details. We try to default to bash, so when you have zsh as default, we found and used your default system bash (the non upgraded version, probably – is that still on your system?). However, once your default was the newer bash, we try to use that directly and looks like there is some incompatibility here – either with the version or the method in which it was updated.

Could you let me know what version of bash you had updated to? We’ll look at trying that locally.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Terminal+ failing since upgrade

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in