facebook

The resource tree is locked for modifications

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Thomas,

I’m really sorry you are running into so many issues with the editor. Since we can’t reproduce locally, I’d like to ask you a few questions:
    1) You mentioned at the start that you could edit a hbm.xml file in this new workspace. Can you still edit this file even after you imported your other projects?

2) For your important project, does editing fail for all hbm.xml files? You mentioned in earlier posts that you see the error when you attempt to open a second hbm.xml file, is that still the case or do you see the error as soon as you open a single hbm.xml file?

3) For testing, if you copy the hbm.xml files that give you trouble into another project, are you able to edit them there without problems?

4) I assume you are using a clean MyEclipse 7.1 install in which you have not installed any other plugins?

5) Is there anything special/different about this project that could help us figure out what is going wrong?

#296515 Reply

Brian,

>1) You mentioned at the start that you could edit a hbm.xml file in this new workspace. Can you still edit this file even after you imported your other projects?

It is possible to edit any file, but always after having waited for ~2 minutes for the ‘resource locked’ seires of exceptions having passed away when using the ‘MyEclipse Hibernate Config Editor’.

>2) For your important project, does editing fail for all hbm.xml files? You mentioned in earlier posts that you see the error when you attempt to open a second hbm.xml file, is >that still the case or do you see the error as soon as you open a single hbm.xml file?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO correspondance with any *.hbm.xml file except the fact using the MyEclipse version of the editors. The same happens e.g. with web.xml when opening it with ‘MyEclipse Web XML Editor’.
    The problems seem to be related to the complete MyEclipse Toolset, or at least the JBoss Tools, which came in with version 6.5. My problems started, when using 6.5 as far as I recollect.

>4) I assume you are using a clean MyEclipse 7.1 install in which you have not installed any other plugins?

Installers tend to be intelligent, I don’t know, if MyEclipse Installer copies any plugins from the previous installed version. I didn’t do any manual installation anymore ever since I got these dreaded problems with ‘resource locked’.

>5) Is there anything special/different about this project that could help us figure out what is going wrong?

Not the least idea.

One further remark: it seems to creep into the MyEclipse runtime after some time.
    I reimported all projects, tried to reproduce the problem and failed immediately after import.

But honestly, I imported all my projects now 5 times into a new project space, added all JRE/JDKs, edited all the settings for editors, validators, etc.
    5 times I hoped to have solved the problem, only to realize, that they are still existing after some hours of work 8-(
    Finally I’ve got to get working again.

Regards,
    Thomas

#296520 Reply

Now the problem seems to have moved:

org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: The resource tree is locked for modifications.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn(WorkManager.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation(Workspace.java:1747)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.refreshLocal(Resource.java:1473)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.filesystems.impl.FolderImpl.update(FolderImpl.java:231)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.findResourceInFileSystem(EclipseResourceUtil.java:368)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.getObjectByResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:104)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.util.EclipseResourceUtil.createObjectForResource(EclipseResourceUtil.java:281)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:61)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.reload(XMarkerManager.java:52)
    at org.jboss.tools.common.model.markers.XMarkerManager.resourceChanged(XMarkerManager.java:41)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastPostChange(Workspace.java:313)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.endOperation(Workspace.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1065)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.save(Workspace.java:1827)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEWorkbenchAdvisor$3.run(IDEWorkbenchAdvisor.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.resources 4 380 2009-03-23 11:24:14.125
    !MESSAGE The resource tree is locked for modifications.

#296827 Reply

Loyal Water

fruehbeck,
    There are a couple of things I want to point out:-
    1. If you haven’t already tried a new workspace with brand new entities, can you please try that. Rev-Eng MYBLOG in a new project in a new workspace and check if it works.

2. If that works, then you can move your works to a new workspace. IF that DOES NOT help, it looks like a bug but no one else has ever reported and no one internally can reproduce. I have filed it for investigation and I’ll do my best to see if we can dig up anything on the issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: The resource tree is locked for modifications

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in