facebook

The starting page of MyEclipse 2017 CI spend very long time , Why?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    I have a trouble with using MyEclipse 2017 CI.This page will show when software start,it last about 5 to 7 minutes before load jar.I think this is a problem.How to solve this problem?
    OS: windows7 32bit, RAM 4G, CPU: Intel Core-i3. Not on Internet.
    Screenshot is in attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #561103 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Does this problem with startup appear recently or right from the time you installed MyEclipse? If the problem appeared recently, then please let us know what has changed in the IDE and in your machine. Any updates to your machine or did you install any plugins to MyEclipse?
    2. Do you see the problem every time you run the myeclipse.exe to launch the IDE? Once you enter the workspace, do you see any further freeze working with the IDE?
    4. Please start MyEclipse with -clean command args and check if it helps. Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    5. Please also try increasing the -Xmx value in the myeclipse.ini file located in the MyEclipse installation directory and check if it helps.

If none of the above suggestions help, please take 3-4 thread dumps during the period during which the MyEclipse Splash/Startup screen takes time to load, that would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period , and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#561445 Reply

Hi,

Here are more details:

1. Does this problem with startup appear recently or right from the time you installed MyEclipse? If the problem appeared recently, then please let us know what has changed in the IDE and in your machine. Any updates to your machine or did you install any plugins to MyEclipse?
    A: This problem always remain since MyEclipse installed. The installation was clean and I didn’t install any plugins to MyEclipse. My colleagues are seeing the same issue. Of cause, Oracle 11g and Websphere 7 is in our machines, but when all service about them was stopped, This problem is still there.

2. Do you see the problem every time you run the myeclipse.exe to launch the IDE? Once you enter the workspace, do you see any further freeze working with the IDE?
    A: Yes, I see the problem every time, but when I exit the myeclipse and rerun it at once, this problem disappeared, that is to say, from page starting to jar loading is very quickly. But after a certain time myeclipse has exited, this problem comes again when rerun myeclipse. In any case , I doesn’t see any further freeze working with the IDE, just the response of interaction is not enough fast somewhile.

4. Please start MyEclipse with -clean command args and check if it helps. Here is the FAQ for starting MyEclipse with -clean : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    A: I done, but this problem is still there.

5. Please also try increasing the -Xmx value in the myeclipse.ini file located in the MyEclipse installation directory and check if it helps.
    A: I try increase the -Xmx value to 2048m ( the old value is 1024m) ,but myeclipse.exe couldn’t to run, Opened the Task Manager and didn’t find myeclipse’s name and PID.

If none of the above suggestions help, please take 3-4 thread dumps during the period during which the MyEclipse Splash/Startup screen takes time to load, that would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period , and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.
    A: Please look the attachment.

So thanks.

Attachments:
    #561631 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the thread dump files.

Can you please also share with us the version of 2017 CI you are working with from Help > About MyEclipse section ? Also let us know if you have installed a 32 bit or 64 bit version of MyEclipse.

I try increase the -Xmx value to 2048m ( the old value is 1024m) ,but myeclipse.exe couldn’t to run
    You can try increasing the -Xmx value in smaller counts i.e by 100 each time and check.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#561700 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Could you let us know, additionally, where you installed MyEclipse? From some of the data in the dumps, it appears to be loading some resources very slowly. Was MyEclipse installed on a network drive or a shared drive? This would also explain why subsequent starts could be faster.

#561747 Reply

Can you please also share with us the version of 2017 CI you are working with from Help > About MyEclipse section ? Also let us know if you have installed a 32 bit or 64 bit version of MyEclipse.
    A: Please look the attachments: Myeclipse-Help-About, Mycomputer-Property, DeviceManager_DiskDrivers.

You can try increasing the -Xmx value in smaller counts i.e by 100 each time and check.
    A: I did it, when the value increased 100, 200, 300, Myeclipse starting still was very slowly. The value increased 400, then Myeclipse couldn’t to run.

Attachments:
    #561752 Reply

Could you let us know, additionally, where you installed MyEclipse? From some of the data in the dumps, it appears to be loading some resources very slowly. Was MyEclipse installed on a network drive or a shared drive? This would also explain why subsequent starts could be faster.
    A: I installed Myeclipse on a local disc drive, and it is a SSD.

#576562 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gao,

Apologies – I thought I had responded to this earlier.

We have no more ideas, so can we organize a we web-meeting so we can go over this issue together? Might help figure out what is going wrong by looking at the situation first hand.

If you are in China, we could do a meeting over the next couple of days in your afternoon. Do let me know what time would work for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: The starting page of MyEclipse 2017 CI spend very long time , Why?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in