facebook

[Tip] Adding Beehive support in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hgadm

Dear all,

I want to try Beehive and installed the Pollinate 1.0M3 (archived / project currentlly on hold). It is not allowing me to enable it because it needs the plugin org.eclipse.jst.j2ee which I believe is part of the WTP ??

Any resolution as I guess I cannot use the WTP together with MyEclipse (I run 4.0.3GA) ?

Thanks,
    Holger

#244974 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Holger,
    There is currently no resolution to this but I will notify the team of the issue and we can try and address this in 5.0.

#245114 Reply

hgadm

@support-rkalla wrote:

Holger,
    There is currently no resolution to this but I will notify the team of the issue and we can try and address this in 5.0.

OK – but maybe there is an interim fix: See Greg Mally’s blog on how to Beehive-enable an Eclipse WTP project: http://dev2dev.bea.com/blog/gmally/archive/2005/11/beehive_enable.html

As far as I can see, the only pre-requisite seems to be the JDT APT (annotation processing) plugin: http://www.eclipse.org/jdt/apt/introToAPT.html

If this is not conflicting with MyEclipse (?) this may represent a suitable solution, or am I missing any other WTP functionality here ?

Thanks,
    Holger

#245127 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Holger,
    This sounds easy enough. The best way to double check what will conflict with MyEclipse is to look in the MyEclipse\eclipse\plugins directory for the plugin that you want to put in our Eclipse\plugins directory. if you see it in the MYEclipse directory then chances are you might run into a conflict BUT you can still try it as long as you add -clean to your command line arguments for MyEclipse (to make sure the plugin cache is cleaned out) and also are prepared to remove the plugin from the Eclipse\plugins dir if it doesn’t work.

#245215 Reply

hgadm

Hi Riyad,

I succeeded to enable MyEclipse for Beehive – great !

Indeed, the only thing I had to do is to add the annotation processing plugin as pointed out in Greg Mally’s fantastic blog at http://dev2dev.bea.com/blog/gmally/archive/2005/11/beehive_enable.html#comments

Otherwise the WTP does not seem to be necessary for this aim.

I guess this is of interest to many other folks as Beehive is a great tool, so you may want to announce it somewhere else as well.
    Thanks,
    Holger

#245219 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Holger I’m going to mark this thread sticky, this is very helpful thank you for getting to the bottom of that for everyone.

#245261 Reply

hgadm

Oh great Riyad. The tip might be better placed in the J2EE forum though – what do you think ?
    Holger

#245279 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to J2EE

#311667 Reply

tarushah

Can some one please advise how can we add support for jadeclipse in myeclipse7.5. Someone has mentioned about myplugins.link file. Can you please show how myplugins.link file look like?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: [Tip] Adding Beehive support in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in