facebook

tomcat 5.0 setup problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jtflores

I am trying to debug an application with myeclipse 3.8.2 workbench. I cannot I have a db2java.zip file that I prepend to my classpath but it doesn’t seem to work. I get a stack trace error it appears that the workbench is not allowing me to load this into my classpath.

#219265 Reply

Riyad Kalla

In situations like this we will need the stack trace and any other exceptions you are getting… also please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#219275 Reply

jtflores

Here is my stack trace:
    java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
    at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:1064)
    at thought.CocoBase.CocoPowderPlugin20.connect(CocoPowderPlugin20.java:1361)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.DatabaseEntry.getCocoDriver(DatabaseEntry.java:476)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.DatabaseEntry.<init>(DatabaseEntry.java:161)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.EIPersistenceManager.addDataBase(EIPersistenceManager.java:838)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.EIPersistenceManager.processProperties(EIPersistenceManager.java:771)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.EIPersistenceManager.init(EIPersistenceManager.java:104)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.EIPersistenceManager.<init>(EIPersistenceManager.java:83)
    at com.expd.arch.persistence.EIPersistenceManager.current(EIPersistenceManager.java:188)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.commands.CommandBase.<clinit>(CommandBase.java:33)
    at com.expd.app.insurance.factories.CommandFactoryInit.initFactory(CommandFactoryInit.java:63)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.factories.GenericFactory.factoryInit(GenericFactory.java:102)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.commands.CommandFactory.<init>(CommandFactory.java:30)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.util.SessionState.initAppState(SessionState.java:142)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.util.SessionState.getAppState(SessionState.java:81)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.AppCoordinatorBase.getAppState(AppCoordinatorBase.java:107)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.AppCoordinatorBase.getCoordinatorFactory(AppCoordinatorBase.java:128)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.AppCoordinatorBase.getCoordinator(AppCoordinatorBase.java:118)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.AppCoordinatorBase.getDefaultCoordinator(AppCoordinatorBase.java:767)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.AppCoordinatorBase.getDefaultContextToken(AppCoordinatorBase.java:440)
    at com.expd.app.common.asf.core.coordinators.WebCoordinatorBase.webExecute(WebCoordinatorBase.java:68)
    at com.expd.arch.webaccess.EIWSServlet.doLogin(EIWSServlet.java:399)
    at com.expd.arch.webaccess.EIWSServlet.performTask(EIWSServlet.java:838)
    at com.expd.arch.webaccess.EIWSServlet.doPost(EIWSServlet.java:475)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    Failed to connect to: jdbc:db2:insr
    Copyright (c) 1996-2003 THOUGHT Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    CocoBase JDBC Layer Initiated.

What operating system and version are you running? Windows 2000
    Service Pack 3

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? Version: 3.0.1
    Build id: 200409161125

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? Yes for 3.01
    – If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Yes for 3.0.1
    – Are any other external plugins installed? Yes
    – How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like
    org.eclipse.pde_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.source_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.source_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.runtime_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.runtime_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.doc.user_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.core_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.core_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.build_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.build_3.0.0

What MyEclipse version are you using? 3.8.2 Build Id 200408201200-3.8.2

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? jdk1.4.2_05

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? jdk1.4.2_05

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? Launch start on tomcat server then loaded application main page.

What application server are you using? Tomcat 5.0

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?

!SESSION Nov 10, 2004 10:10:22.883 ———————————————
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.4.2_05
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 1 Nov 10, 2004 10:10:22.883
    !MESSAGE Skipping builder org.codehaus.groovy.eclipse.groovyBuilder for project rating_webapp. Either the builder is missing from the install, or it belongs to a project nature that is missing or disabled.

#219277 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Your stack trace does not show any MyEclipse code anywhere in it… are you sure the problem you are experiencing is with the MyEclipse product?

#219278 Reply

jtflores

I am trying to figure out how do I add a zip or jar file for the tomcat plugin to recognize when I launch my app. The error occurs with my application because the external jar is not loaded when I run the application with Myeclipse ide.

#219279 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Navigate to your preferences here: Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Server > Tomcat 5 > Paths

From here you can either Append/Prepend JARs to your classpath OR using the bottom box you can add Directories or Files to your Library path… for example if the driver you are trying to use needs a .DLL file, you would add it there.

#231531 Reply

chadsears

Change db2java.zip to db2java.jar and it should work just fine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: tomcat 5.0 setup problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in