facebook

Tomcat 5.029 – j_security_check Q

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

James

This isn’t specific to eclipse but thought I could find some help here. These could be fairly basic questions since I’m fairly new to Tomcat and web side JSP work – mainly EJB/back-end before.

First off I’ve configured a MyEclipse web project and a simple login.jsp as per the JAAS standards. Using MemoryRealm. Tomcat comes up fine and I tested my web app JSP’s – seem to display fine.

First Issue:
    1. Going to my welcome.jsp the login.jsp properly displays and I can login the first time, then it takes me to the real welcome.jsp. So login is working in some form with j_security_check.

Next time I hit login.jsp form and attempt to login I get j_security_check not available error. Granted I haven’t logged out so not sure what’s happening here.

Second question:
    Once “logged in” how do I interact with the Tomcat base security to determine username etc?

Third:
    Trying to start Tomcat 5 from within Eclilpse I get the error: “A configuration error occurred during startup. Please verify the preference field with the prompt : err: No such file or directory. Error[2] in connect call! Socket transport failed to init. Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc=-1”

Last one isn’t a big issue since I can simply run it from the command line and then “REDEPLOY” my web application whenver.

Thanks in advance.

/Jimmy

#219048 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1 and 2 are definately for the Tomcat list, those guys are really helpful and can probably get you fixed up with an answer pretty quick.

as far as 3 is concerned… are you using the Eclipse 3.0.x SDK and not the JDT or Platform installs? Also did you setup Tomcat to be run with a JDK and not a JRE from MyEclipse? And are you being sure to use Eclipse 3.0.x and not Eclipse 3.1? (not supported).

#219084 Reply

James

Eclipse 3.0.1. Also downloaded/installed base JDK 1.4.2_04. Tomcat runs up fine when I do it from the command line – both JAVA_HOME and 1.4.2 bin directory is in the path.

WRT to Tomcat didn’t setup a specific JRE for it in MyEclipse. Just used the preferences (essentially every action same as web demo tutorial), configured a server etc – only really had to specify a root directory. Then added application to deploy list. On tomcat 5->Start it failed with above message.

I’ll look into it more tonight.

#219085 Reply

Riyad Kalla

All that sounds kosher, just double check that nder the JDK settings, you selected a JDK (e.g. C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06) and not a JRE (C:\Program Files\Java\blahblahblah) to run Tomcat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Tomcat 5.029 – j_security_check Q

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in