facebook

Tomcat Deploy Location shows "INVALID" [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to deploy my web app to a Tomcat server but the Deploy Location always shows up as “INVALID”. I’ve tried using both Tomcat 4 as well as 5 and neither works.

System Config:
    Win2000 Pro Service Pack 4
    Eclipse ver. 2.1.2
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench v2.7-RC2
    MyEclipse Version: 2.6.200
    Build id: 200312091200-2.7-RC1
    J2SE v1.4.1_05

#203978 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Where is Tomcat installed to on your hard drive? Under Window>Preferences>MyEclipse>App Servers>Tomcat, what did you set this Home directory to? What is your project’s web context set to?

#204010 Reply

Tomcat is installed in D:\Tools\Apache\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19, but I also tried it in D:\Tomcat5, both had the same results.

Window>Preferences>MyEclipse>App Servers>Tomcat 5 Home Directory set to D:\Tomcat5

Web context for the project is set to /emco/templateApp

#204015 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) You said Tomcat ‘is installed in’ D:\Tools\Apache\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19 (which I take to mean it is currently installed there) but you mentioned that your Tomcat 5 dir is set to D:\Tomcat5 (which I got from your post that was a temporary testing location). Just double check that these two locations match up, I might have just read too much into your post.

2) Change your web context to /emco, as this will be deployed to your Tomcat\webapps dir, and I don’t believe deploying using multiple levels like you have will work… but I could be wrong.

#204021 Reply

It was the multi-level web context that was causing the problem. I changed that to one level and everything looks good now, thanks Riyad!

#204028 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No problem, I’m glad it worked!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Tomcat Deploy Location shows "INVALID" [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in