facebook

Tomcat Hot Reload on Tomcat 8 and Java 8

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

michaelwiles
    Participant

I’m just wondering if tomcat8 on java 8 is supported for hot reload as it’s not working for me.

The tutorial does not do what is expected…

On ubuntu 15.04 with Eclipse Mars EE version.

#451881 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Michael,

Could you be more specific about what is actually not working?

I’ve seen a rather odd issue with Ubuntu 14.04, with either Java 7 or Java 8, and Tomcat 8. It looks like the second change, in any sequence of changes, isn’t being hot reloaded, at least not until a subsequent change is made. Is this what you’re seeing? It doesn’t happen on Windows.

#451888 Reply

michaelwiles
    Participant

Yeah thanks. I guess was a little premature in posting this before I had got some real data…

I’ll try and dig a little deeper.

#451955 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Michael,

Are you using Open JDK to run Webclipse, by any chance? If so, it looks like that may cause some issues. If possible, please install an Oracle JDK (if you haven’t already installed it) and add the following 2 lines to the eclipse.ini file, before the -vmargs line:

-vm
    <em><path to Oracle JDK></em>/bin/java

Please let us know if that helps.

#452681 Reply

michaelwiles
    Participant

hmmm… the issue was that Automatically publish when resources changes was not set.

#452686 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Michael,

Thanks for letting us know. Yes, not having that option set would probably have an effect!

I’ll let the developers know about this to see if they can modify the code to help in this situation.

#452692 Reply

michaelwiles
    Participant

I’d appreciate that.

I think all it would need is a friendly message to say that if you’re using an existing tomcat then make sure you have the auto publish setting on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Tomcat Hot Reload on Tomcat 8 and Java 8

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in