facebook

Topic Search seems to work not that good

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

as I knew my topic named “Re-Indexing repository WS slows down (My)Eclipse”, I searched for the keywords: “Re-Indexing AND repository AND WS”.

But there was no result to be displayed.

What is the problem with my search parameters?

Regards,

Michael

#331769 Reply

MichaelClavier,

I searched for the keyword “Re-Indexing” and found the Topic “Re-Indexing repository WS slows down (My)Eclipse” in the search results.

If you feel the results you are getting from a search are too broad, you can try and make them more specific by selecting the “Search for all terms” mode when entering in your search.

#331776 Reply

Pradeep,

maybe I did not understand the hints in the search dialog, as I am not a native english speaker – but I’d like to know what I got wrong.

The search dialog hint “You can use AND to define words which must be in the results…” lead me to search for “Re-Indexing AND repository AND WS”, as “Re-Indexing” as well as “repository” and “WS” should be in the result topics.

This search criteria should result with at least the topic named “Re-Indexing repository WS slows down (My)Eclipse”, as all the words in the search criteria concatenated with “AND” are part of the expected result.

So why do I get an empty list?

Regards,

Michael

#331777 Reply

MichaelClavier,

Words less than 3 characters are not indexed in the MyEclipe search criteria. So, you should try some different search criteria.

In your case, you can search using “Re-Indexing AND repository AND slows” or any other criteria other than “WS” to get the search results.

#331778 Reply

Pradeep,

thanks for your answer – that works fine.

But where from should I have known?
    What about a corresponding hint in the search dialog, for example “Don’t search for criteria shorter than two characters as they are not indexed…”!?

Regards,

Michael

#331782 Reply

MichaelClavier,

I have escalated your concern to corresponding team. They will look in to it.

Let us know if you see any issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Topic Search seems to work not that good

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in