facebook

Toplink Documentation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using JPA capabilities with Toplink Essentials and I’am longing for information about Toplink in vain.
    To me Toplink behaviour seems to be completeley incidental, becuse I don’t know what and how I can configure in persistence.xml.
    I tried to read original Oracle Toplink documentation, but it – I suppose – contains a lot of information which is not applicable here.
    After a lot of search I discovered some rules, which may not be true.
    a. Toplink creates Extendend Persistence Context
    b. Each thread gets its own EntityManager (and its own Persistence Context with it)
    But what are the caching rules, and what and how can I modify them?
    a. What is the policy when reading – using cache and/or database
    b. How long live the entity objects, are there any time-outs.
    c. When reaching the same servlet from JavaScript (AJAX) what happens to the EntityManager of the servlet? (Not changing, seems to me.)
    d. When and why are new EnttityManagers constructed during page reloading?
    I don’t want to answer my questions now, since I myself am not sure of them, but I’d like to get a concise description of MyEclipse Toplink capabilities an behaviour.

#309200 Reply

Brian Fernandes

dtb,

I’m afraid these are questions about the Toplink Essentials framework that we cannot answer; MyEclipse will add the libraries to the project and configure persistence.xml, but the persistence functionality is provided by Toplink, not MyEclipse.

Here is a link to their site which has tutorials, examples and documentation that may help.

#309202 Reply

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Brian?
    Thank you for the link, which I haven’t found yet. I don’t know if it would help, but it seems promising at first sight.
    dtb

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Toplink Documentation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in