facebook

Trial license got erased [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I was changing the system time on my machine and I accidentally set it back a month. This has somehow erased my MyEclipse trial license and I can’t seem to get it back into working order. What can I do to get rid of the pop up that keeps coming up every time I use a MyEclipse feature?

Thanks.

P.S. I will be buying a subscription once the release version comes out. Thanks for your hard work.

#196892 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I have some bad news. There is no recovery. Once the license is marked invalid, there’s nothing we can do. What I’d recommend is that you go ahead and upgrade your membership. We have the GA version set to not expire any memberships that are prior 1 year past the GA release date, so you won’t be penalized for signing up early.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199351 Reply

markwmccall

If I purchase the upgraded membership license and then move the system time on my machine ahead more than one year, will the license become forever invalid at that point?

Mark

#199354 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mark,

Would this be a problem for you? Is there some particular need you have to radically adjust your system time?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199356 Reply

markwmccall

Some of the software we write has time-sensitive rules (i.e. the rule runs one way for a given time period and another way for another time-period). To unit test this effectively we need to alter the system date to simulate what will happen in the future. There is the possibility that the time would need to be adjusted far out in the future. After we are done with the testing we would obviously set the system date back to normal.

-Mark

#199362 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Mark,

Thanks for the use case. No, the permanent invalidation only occurs with trial licenses. However, MyEclipse won’t run while you’ve got your system date set forward past its subscription expiry date, as is the case with all your other software with time-sensitive licenses. However, it will be fine once you set your system date back to the correct date.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Trial license got erased [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in