facebook

Trying to get MyEclipseIDE running on Mac 10.3 Panther

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

craigpugsley

Hey there. Just a quickie. I’m trying to get the MyEclipseIDE demo installed on 10.3 Panther and I’m having no luck.

When I unzip the package I download and double-click the installer, it appears for a fleeting moment in the dock, then disappears. I’ve check the file permissions, and I am able to read and write the file and to the folder.

I think this has something to do with InstallAnywhere and Panther – maybe you guys need to rebuild the demo package with an updated InstallAnywhere?

Cheers all

CraigP

#199783 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Craig,

I do know that since Panther is so new that we haven’t tested on it, since we don’t currently have a copy of it. We’re using the latest released version of InstallAnywhere Enterprise to build the installers so I’ll check if there are any known problems at ZeroG.

Does Eclipse itself run properly on Panther? Does the installer generate a log file? Debugging for the installer can be turned on by setting the environment variable LAX_DEBUG=1, if you’re willing to give it another go.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199786 Reply

craigpugsley

Yes, Eclipse itself runs without issue on Panther. The installer did generate something at the console:

2003-11-05 15:29:22.701 Finder[1831] CFLog (0): CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
    2003-11-05 15:29:22.702 Finder[1831] CFLog (0): CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): The file name for this data might be (or it might not): /Users/craigp/Desktop/Enterprise Workbench Installer.app/Contents/Resources/InfoPlist.strings

I do also set the environment variable you mention, but I don’t think the installer gets far enough to actually throw anything to the console.

I’m not sure what ‘missing semicolon in dictionary’ means, but I’ll have a look for other InfoPList.strings files to see if I can find how others do it.

#200095 Reply

Worked on my Panther (for what it’s worth :)).
    regards/Johan

#200096 Reply

Ohh, and this was 3.6.4 and Eclipse Build id: 200311050952 (integration build).

#200127 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Johan,

Worked on my Panther (for what it’s worth :)).

It’s worth a lot! Thanks for letting us know since we don’t have a system running Panther to test on. It’s good to hear that at least some (most?) configurations seem to work fine.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#203849 Reply

shahidbabu

I too cannot see any MyEclipse perspectives and I saw the following in the Eclipse Configuration details : Help -> About Eclipse Platform.Configuration Details

*** Error Log:
    !SESSION Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.751 ———————————————
    java.version=1.3.1
    java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=ppc, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -noupdate -consoleLog -showlocation -os macosx -ws carbon -install file:/Applications/eclipse_212/
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.753
    !MESSAGE Problems encountered loading the plug-in registry.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.753
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.myeclipse.perspective” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.ui”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.754
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.jonas3” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.core”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.754
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.struts” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.pde.ui”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.755
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.core” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.core”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.756
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “net.sf.solareclipse.xml.ui” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.core”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.756
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.assist” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.ui”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.757
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.orion2” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.core”.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.runtime 2 1 Feb 25, 2004 09:32:44.758
    !MESSAGE Plug-in “com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.orion1” was disabled due to missing or disabled prerequisite plug-in “org.eclipse.jdt.core”.

#203850 Reply

shahidbabu

java.version=1.3.1
    java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=ppc, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -noupdate -consoleLog -showlocation -os macosx -ws carbon -install file:/Applications/eclipse_212/
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Feb 25, 2004 10:33:27.799
    !MESSAGE Unhandled exception caught in event loop.
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Feb 25, 2004 10:33:27.816
    !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.AboutFeaturesDialog.buttonPressed(AboutFeaturesDialog.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$1.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:423)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1012)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2249)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1965)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.AboutDialog$3.widgetSelected(AboutDialog.java:237)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:583)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:563)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AboutAction.run(AboutAction.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:842)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:456)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:403)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$0(ActionContributionItem.java:397)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$ActionListener.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1402)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:1385)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
    at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:291)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:583)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.run(LaunchRunner.java:88)
    at apple.launcher.LaunchRunner.callMain(LaunchRunner.java:50)
    at apple.launcher.JavaApplicationLauncher.launch(JavaApplicationLauncher.java:52)

#203855 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Double check that you have the entire Eclipse SDK installed (not just the JDT). Also, if you have upgraded your JDK through mac update, people have had problems running Eclipse after that. You can try and erase the <eclipse install>\.metadata\.config folder to get the settings to reset themselves to defaults OR try using the -vm /path/to/vm/executable command line arg to the eclipse executable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Trying to get MyEclipseIDE running on Mac 10.3 Panther

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in