facebook

Trying to import project but getting "Unsupported Angular CLI Version '0.0.0-0'"

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

laredotornado
    Participant

I just downloaded Angular IDE v 18.0.0 for Mac OS X. I want to import an existing project that I can run fine in the terminal. However, when I go to File -> Import -> Angular -> Angular Project and select the root directory of my project, I am not allowed to continue because the dialog displays a

Unsupported Angular CLI Version ‘0.0.0-0’. Required version ‘1.0.0-beta.14’ or higher

at the top. How do I tell the IDE where to use the proper CLI version (that I normally access fine in my bash shell)?

#627873 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for trying Angular IDE.

Our tools are incompatible with early versions of the Angular CLI, which is why your project cannot be imported. Our tooling currently supports projects with Angular CLI 1.0.0-rc.0 and higher.

Can you please share with us the project’s package.json to help us check the versions of the Angular modules in the project?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#627893 Reply

laredotornado
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Which dependency are you looking for specifically? In my package.json file I have

“@angular/compiler”: “^8.0.2”,
    “@angular/compiler-cli”: “^8.0.2”,
    “@angular/core”: “^8.0.2”,

As you can see, I’m using Angular 8 so things should be up to snuff version-wise.

#627894 Reply

Brian Fernandes

That’s definitely a version we support.

Can you tell us if this project was created with the Angular CLI, or was it manually created? Our import wizard works with the CLI-created project structure, so a different structure will likely not work. If this is a CLI based project, mind sending us the entire package.json file so we can run a thorough test locally?

A screenshot of your package explorer with the broad structure of the project would help as well (not sure at this point what else could be going wrong).

Thanks!

#627899 Reply

laredotornado
    Participant

Hi, The client won’t let me share their files publically, otherwise I would send you the complete package.json. Here is the beginning of it, if that is useful …

“name”: “my-project”,
    “version”: “0.0.0”,
    “license”: “MIT”,
    “engines”: {
    “node”: “10.16.0”
    },

Since I inherited this project, I’m not sure if it was manually created or done via the Angular-CLI, although most likely the Angular-CLI. What files in the project would indicate one or the other?

#627903 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Understood, I’ll ask the dev team to take a look to see if they can provide any additional insight.

In the meanwhile, can you try File > Open Projects from File System and point to your project folder? That will bring your project into the IDE, outside of the Angular import, but if the validation error is a false negative, there’s a good chance that all the functionality will still be available to you.

#627907 Reply

Hi,

You can find if the project is using Angular-CLI if there is one of the following files exists at the project root:
    – angular.json
    – .angular.json
    – .angular-cli.json

Additionally, look for @angular/cli entry inside devDependencies or dependencies.

Cheers,
    Sal

#627971 Reply

laredotornado
    Participant

Hi, Yes, I have an angular.json file, however the @angular/cli dependency was in my package.json file and was set to

“@angular/cli”: “^8.0.3”

I did File > Open Projects option as you suggested and that succeeded getting my project into the editor, so thanks much for that suggestion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Trying to import project but getting "Unsupported Angular CLI Version '0.0.0-0'"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in