facebook

Trying to install MyEclpse 9.0 under SuSE 9.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I downloaded the MyEclipse 9.0 install script for SuSE 9.0. When I tried to run the script, it complained that there was no JRE or JDK found. “No Java virtual machine was found after searching the following locations:
    /tmp/oneinstall_1994/myeclipse-9.0-offline-installer-linux/
    installer/jre/bin/java
    java in in your current PATH”

I thought that the 9.0 download was supposed to install the JDK for you.

#316744 Reply

support-joy

claytoncramer,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Could you please let me know the installer file name? Alternately, you can use pulse to download, please refer – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-how-to-install-myeclipse-from-pulse/

Let me know how this works for you.

#316753 Reply

myeclipse-9.0a-offline-installer-linux.run

#316775 Reply

The pulse installer can’t start:

“A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Pulse-installer.”

#316777 Reply

A little additional information: it claims that it can’t find the JRE or JDK, but even when I add the jre and jdk roots to the path, the installer still can’t find it.

#316778 Reply

The path that it claims to be searching and can’t find the JRE or JDK in seems to have nothing to do with my PATH.

#316796 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

clayton,

The MyEclipse linux installer requires a JRE or JDK to be installed. This isn’t a requirement for the Windows installer.

I don’t have a SUSE 9 machine to test this on but on SUSE 11.1 I also got an error when java hadn’t been installed. I corrected this by using the Software Manager (YaST) to install the Sun 1.5 JRE. The JRE was installed in /usr/lib/jvm/jre_1.5.0_sun. The java executable was linked via symbolic links: /usr/bin/java pointed to /etc/alternatives/java, which pointed to /usr/lib/jvm/jre_1.5.0_sun/bin/java. If you could install a JRE in this way, then the MyEclipse installer should be able to find it.

However, if you install Java some other way, please ensure that your PATH variable includes the bin directory in which the java executable is located. If you type “java -version” into a terminal, information about the java executable should be printed out.

I hope this helps you to resolve the problem. If not, please post again.

#316800 Reply

It seems to be installing now.

#316802 Reply

But not for long. Here is the failure log:

!SESSION 2011-05-13 08:49:56.603 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.5.0_04
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: ./myeclipse-9.0a-offline-installer-linux.run 988467200
    Command-line arguments: -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86 ./myeclipse-9.0a-offline-installer-linux.run 988467200

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-05-13 08:50:01.340
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.container.ui.base.BaseInstallerGUIContainer.cleanup(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.machine.internal.SequenceMachineImpl.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.installer.application.CommonInstallerApplication.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)

#316809 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Clayton,

Thank you for your patience, I have forwarded this post to our installer team who are looking into the matter right now.

If you must move on immediately, there is a manual technique that will allow you to install MyEclipse.

1) Please download a classic distribution of Eclipse 3.6.1 from the Eclipse SDK section here: http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.6.1-201009090800/index.php

2) Go to our download page here: http://myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=ME and follow the instructions at the end of the page for installing from the “MyEclipse 9.0 (Update Site)”.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#316813 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Clayton,

To help us track the installer issue, can you please look under your temp folder for files named pulse-one-* and send it to us at support@genuitec.com with subject ATTN Brian and a link to this thread?

This will help us track what is going wrong with the installer.

#316845 Reply

@Support-Brian wrote:

Clayton,

To help us track the installer issue, can you please look under your temp folder for files named pulse-one-* and send it to us at support@genuitec.com with subject ATTN Brian and a link to this thread?

This will help us track what is going wrong with the installer.

I cannot find any files of the form pulse-one-* anywhere on my Linux box. I did a find / -name pulse-one-\* just to be sure–nothing at all. I will try the other method that you suggested.

#316870 Reply

Is there a version for SuSE 9.0? The installer for 3.6 is for SuSE 11, and we are behind the times.

#316884 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Clayton,

Both MyEclipse and eclipse are mostly pure Java and so rely on the Java platform, not the operating system version or release. However, each release of the workbenches will be tested on specific operating systems. Eclipse 3.2 was tested on SUSE 9.0. That was in 2006/2007. The MyEclipse version that corresponds to eclipse 3.2 is, I believe, 5.1 or 5.5. However, we wouldn’t recommend installing such an old release of the IDE for many reasons. Hopefully we can figure out how to get you up an running with MyEclipse 9.0.

Did you try the installation using the update site, as Brian suggested?

#316919 Reply

I tried the first suggestion without success. I will try the second one now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Trying to install MyEclpse 9.0 under SuSE 9.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in