facebook

Tutorials Won't Open

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Tim Mehrens
    Participant

When I go into the Learning Center and click on a Tutorial it brings up the following error message:

“The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

How do I resolve this?

#591446 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tim,

Can you tell us how you are accessing the learning center and which version of MyEclipse you are using?

You can access our learning center in the browser at the following URL: https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/

#591537 Reply

Tim Mehrens
    Participant

I bring up MyEclipse > Select Learning Center from the Tab at the Bottom of the screen > Enterprise Reports > Developing Enterprise Reports Using MyEclipse Reports > “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.”

#591577 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tim,

We already noticed that somehow links from our learning center, were not being directed to the right documents – our server team is looking into this problem.

The reporting docs can be found online here: https://www.genuitec.com/docs/visual-design/ and they’re the same as what you would have seen in-product, you have hopefully already located these.

I’m still unable to replicate the problem you describe though – just so we’re on the same page, do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see that issue?

Thanks!

#591599 Reply

Tim Mehrens
    Participant

The Screen shot is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #591632 Reply

support-swapna

Tim,

Thank you for the screenshot.

1. Can you please also attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing to help us understand where it is being logged?
    2. Also let us know which external web browser is enabled here : Window > Preferences > General > Web Browser.
    3. Does selecting a different browser in the Web Browser page other than the one which is currently selected also exhibit the same problem?
    4. Please share with us the MyEclipse version details from Help > About MyEclipse section along with your OS and version details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591666 Reply

Tim Mehrens
    Participant

Thank You all for your help with this. When I tried your third suggestion, “selecting a different browser, (I set my default Browser to IE 11.0.9600.19035), the pages from the Learning Center tab now come up.

#591803 Reply

support-swapna

Tim,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Tutorials Won't Open

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in