facebook

UI problem running multiple JUnit suites in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

a06275

I am running some Selenium 2 tests using RemoteWebDriver to get them working cross-browser. Each test’s WebDriver variable is injected by the suite that runs it (i.e. I have a Chrome suite, a Firefox suite, etc) and the only difference between them is the browser URL and capabilities.

The problem is that when I run multiple suites in MyEclipse (and I don’t know if this is different from vanilla Eclipse), although it seems to run every suite (the VM displays the appropriate browsers), the UI within Eclipse keeps updating the same Suite again and again, and ignores the others.

What I mean is that it looks like the IE8 suite is running 6 times, and so by the end of the test I can only see whether the final suite run passed or failed, and I don’t even know which suite that was! I have tried running all the suites from a single master suite, but the same problem happened.

Can anyone please suggest what I should do about this?

#318588 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

a06275,

I’m not clear on what MyEclipse functionality you’re using here and I’m not familiar with Selenium. Is there a selenium plug-in or are these just JUnit tests that you’ve coded to make use of Selenium?

Perhaps you could ask on the Selenium user group. Also, trying to replicate this on vanilla eclipse would determine if there is some MyEclipse interaction that is causing the problem. Other than that, we’d need more details on how to try to reproduce this problem or perhaps you could reduce the problem to a basic project that you could send us.

What version of MyEclipse are you using?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: UI problem running multiple JUnit suites in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in