facebook

Unable to configure custom web root in 2.7 GA

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Scott Ryan

I recently upgraded to the GA version of 2.7 . In previous versions I was able to configure the location of the Web Root to a new location by going to project properties and MyEclipse – Web. We unfortunatly are one of the many development shops that store our projects with the source tree and web root under the same project root. I realize that deployment won’t work but in the RC releases I could at least configure the Web Root after the fact to support viewing and editing and then use our custom ant scripts to build and deploy.

I noticed with the GA release that the Web Root is now a read only field. Is this an intentional bug fix or is there some other way to update or change the Web Root without deleting and recreating the entire project.

The other interesting issue we noticed was in converting existing struts projects to MyEclipse. We were not able to use the Struts config editor without converting the project to a Struts supported project. In doing the conversion the MyEclipse code overwrote our exisiting ApplicationResources file and struts-config files. Is there a way to keep this from happening? We have hundreds of existing struts projects we need to convert.

I am excited about the product and have converted several of my customer’s shops to it. I am anxiously awaiting a fix to the web root and source root not in the project root issue. We have hundreds of projects in that organization and most of my customers are BEA shops and that is the suggested format for BEA development. It is also the way most of the Apache projects are delivered.

Thanks and keep up the incredible work.

Scott Ryan-

System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: Windows 2000
    Eclipse version: 2.1.2
    Eclipse build id:
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): n
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins: checkstyle
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*:
    MyEclipse version: 2.7
    Eclipse JDK version: 1.4.1_05
    Application Server JDK version:1.4.1_05
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? NO

– Message Body ——————————-

#204462 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

We intentionally converted the web-root edit field under MyEclipse-Web properties to read-only due to its incompleteness. We are currently working on a completely revamped flexible project structure to support a much broader range of project organizations. The backdoor is to manually edit the .mymetadata file in your project with the new web-root folder.

The conversion process is definitely supposed to preserve your existing resources. I have entered a PR on this behavior.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Unable to configure custom web root in 2.7 GA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in