facebook

Unable to convert projects to web projects

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

raydawg2000
    Participant

I have a bunch of java projects that I want to convert to web projects but I don’t seem to have the options to do so. When I right click on project I used to have a sub-menu for “MyEclipse” but I no longer have that. When I go to the project properties and “Project Facets” I don’t have any Facet available for web projects/modules or anything that sounds similar.

I am able to create new web projects, so I know the feature is installed. I have had MyEclipse for about 10 years now so many of my projects are very old, so it’s possible that over time upgrading through various versions of MyEclipse something got messed up in the configurations to not allow this.

Version: 2019.12.5
    Build id: 16.0.0-20191205

Please help!

#644191 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

If you right click on the project, do you see ‘Configure Facets’ sub menu? If yes, then check if you see the option ‘Install Dynamic Web Module Facet’. Follow the wizard, convert the project to faceted form if it is not already done and proceed to install the dynamic web module facet. Once done, you should see WebRoot folder and web project related structure added to the java project.

If you do not see the option, can you please share the zipped java project with us to help us check it at our end? You can omit the source code and send us all the .* files ( .settings folder,.classpath, .project).

Let us know how you get on with the conversion.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#644319 Reply

raydawg2000
    Participant

Hi,
    after going through some of my projects I found that the dynamic web module was already enabled for some which is why it was not showing up on the “Configure Facets” menu. The issue now is that those projects don’t have the WebRoot or web project file structure, it still has a basic java project structure. I was trying to remove the Facet so I can re-enable and re-run the Wizard again but I am unable to remove the Facet. Is there any other way to re-run the initialization wizard so i can get the proper file structure?

#644383 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

There might be some dependencies which are not allowing you to remove the Dynamic Web Module facet. Do you see any error/warning messages on the Project Facets dialog when you try to unselect the Dynamic Web Module facet? Please share the screenshot to help us get a visual.

At this point, the easiest way out would be to create an empty web project and then copy the source files from the java project to the appropriate folders of the newly created web project.

Hope this helps. If you are still seeing problems, then please share the files as requested in my previous response to help us take a look.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unable to convert projects to web projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in