facebook

Unable to create component due to "Source Folder" url bug?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jwismer
    Participant

After updating to the most recent version of angular, I can no longer create components through the GUI interface. I’ll right click a folder, hit “Create New Component” and go to the next UI window. There, the “Source File” url section is blank. After filling that in by browsing then naming the component, it still gives me the error “Source folder is required.” The “Back, Next, and Finish” buttons remain greyed out. I’ve enclosed screenshots of the steps, and my package.json

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600525 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the steps and info to try to replicate on our side. Will give it a try and get back to you as soon as possible.

Could you also please attach the workspace logs?

Ignacio

#600527 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

.log file enclosed. I’ll be looking over it as well, thank you!

Attachments:
    #600530 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

I just realized this was posted to the CodeMix forums, when this is an Angular IDE issue. Feel free to move this if that would be a better location.

#600644 Reply

support-swapna

Jason,

Thank you for the log file. The dev team is looking into this issue.
    They will get back to you soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#600765 Reply

jhugohr

Jason,

We appreciate the info you have provided, now, can you please send us the ‘angular.json’ file? should be located on same dir where the ‘package.json’ file you sent is, if not available, could be either ‘angular-cli.json’ or ‘.angular-cli.json’.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Hugo Herrera.

#600766 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

Yes, enclosed.

Attachments:
    #600804 Reply

jhugohr

Hey,

I tried with a similar project name and path shown on screenshots you sent and with your ‘angular.json’ file and I’ve been able to create the component via UI. Are you still having the same issue?

Are you able to use the UI in other projects or have the same issue?

The problem you are seeing is due to ‘angular.json’ file format, however, lookslike your file reads well.

Any specifics you can share about the environment you have? net drives? access rights?

Best Regards,
    Hugo Herrera

#600810 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

I’m on Windows 10. I am running on the local drive. I have administrative rights.

I tested with another project, and did not have the issue. This “other project” is the current project I’m working on prior to upgrading everything to Angular 6. If this is not an obvious problem and something not easily repeatable, I will try creating a new project, and moving my current work there, reinstalling everything. I will tell you whether this succeeds or fails upon completion.

#600813 Reply

jwismer
    Participant

After spending the time to create a new project and reinstall the package.json, it looks like the issue is not happening. Strange that its an issue in the old project, but it doesn’t seem like something you can’t fix by just copying it into a new project.

#600814 Reply

jhugohr

We are glad to hear you were able to find a workaround. Meanwhile, We will continue the investigation regarding this issue.

Best Regards,
    Hugo Herrera.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Unable to create component due to "Source Folder" url bug?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in