facebook

unable to do things in uml2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Vishal kumar Singh
    Participant

Its hard to do anything in uml to as i cant defined the string or int type property……
    where is thats….>?

even the uml 2 tutorial is missing……

#307992 Reply

Hi connect2vishal,

In UML2, If you need to define a property in a class to be String, first of all you need to define String some where in the class diagram. The steps are given below to create a Sample Class and define a property as String.
    1) Create a Web project
    2) Create a UML2 model
    3) Select MyEclipse UML perspective
    4) In the uml model, you’ll have a left panel with Objects, Connections and Comments
    5) Select “Data Type” from “Objects” section, Drag and drop in the model area
    6) Now, Select “Class” from the “Objects” section, drag and drop into the model area.
    7) Right click on the class and select “Add Property”
    8) If you select the property and see the property view, you’ll have a Type option and a button adjacent to it. Click on the button to see the “String” data type option.

Please let me know whether this resolved your problem.

Thanks,
    Chakri.

#308012 Reply

Vishal kumar Singh
    Participant

Like the first thing how to define the default value of the variables defined in the interfaces and how to make them final..

@support-chakri wrote:

Hi connect2vishal,

In UML2, If you need to define a property in a class to be String, first of all you need to define String some where in the class diagram. The steps are given below to create a Sample Class and define a property as String.
    1) Create a Web project
    2) Create a UML2 model
    4) In the uml model, you’ll have a left panel with Objects, Connections and Comments
    6) Now, Select “Class” from the “Objects” section, drag and drop into the model area.
    8) If you select the property and see the property view, you’ll have a Type option and a button adjacent to it. Click on the button to see the “String” data type option.

Thanks,
    Chakri.

like the

#309798 Reply

jarome

@support-chakri wrote:

Hi connect2vishal,

1) Create a Web project
    2) Create a UML2 model

Thanks,
    Chakri.

That got me started. Thanks.
    But how do I make things like Case Diagrams and Sequence diagrams? I do not see their icons anywhere.
    Jim

#309799 Reply

jarome

This is very non-intuitive. How do I delete an object? Clicking it and doing delete, or right-clicking and looking for a delete item do not work.
    Jim

#309812 Reply

Ram

connect2vishal,

how to define the default value of the variables defined in the interfaces

You can define the default value of the variables defined in the interfaces in 2 ways.
    Please follow the steps.
    1)

a)Select property in interface from diagram
      b) Go to “Advanced” tab in Properties window.
      c) Enter required value against “Default” property.

2)

a) Go to Outline view
      b) Go to the required property under interface
      c) Right click on the property and select create child option
      d) From the list select the required type
      e) Select the newly created child under property.
      f) Go to advanced tab in properties view.
      g) Enter required value against “Default” property.

and how to make them final..

Let me clarify that declaring a variable in interface is final by default, no need to specify final explicitly.
    ========================================================================

Jim,

how do I make things like Case Diagrams and Sequence diagrams?

You can create Case Diagrams and Sequence diagrams in 2 ways.
    1) From Outline

a) Select Model and right click on it.
      b) Select Add Diagram

which will list the available Diagrams.

2) From Toolbar,Select drop-down “Add UML2 Diagram” button and select the required Diagram to create. Please refer the below screen shot for toolbar button.

How do I delete an object?

You can delete the objects in 2 ways.
    1) Select the required object to delete and press “Delete” button from keyboard which will delete the object from Diagram only.
    2) Right click on the required object

a) if select “Delete from Diagram” which will delete the object from Diagram and not from Model.
      b) if select “Delete from Model” which will delete the object from Model.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: unable to do things in uml2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in