Unable to edit TypeScript files after update to 2017 CI 11

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  james3 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

james3
    Participant

Hi

After updating to Webclipse 2017 CI 11 (using Eclipse Neon) I can no longer open/edit TypeScript files. Whenever I try to open a .ts file using the TypeScript Editor I get:

Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript was unable to load class com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.text.TypeScriptEditor.

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling all Webclipse plugins but no luck.

I can’t even go into the TypeScript preferences page, as when I click on it I get an error:

Unable to create the selected preference page.
    com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.preferences.GeneralPreferencePage cannot be found by com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_2.5.3.201802120558

Thanks.

#555354 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. It would appear to be a problem with the installation. Could you please send us your error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

I’m presuming you were using 2017 CI 10 before this? Have you made any other changes to the installation?

#555355 Reply

james3
    Participant

Hi Brian

Yes I was on 2017 CI 10. The update happened automatically when I shut down Eclipse. The next time I fired it up, the problem was there. I have tried removing every Webclipse plugin listed in the Installation Details screen, restarted Eclipse, reinstalled 2017 CI 11, but the problem is still there. Error log attached.

Thanks,
    James.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #555362 Reply

Brian Fernandes

James,

This, in your log file, looks to be culprit

I confirmed that the file on our servers is fine, so it looks like something got corrupted, either during your download, or after the download. Due to a local cache that’s sometimes maintained in Eclipse installations, this corrupted file could have stuck even through un-installations and re-installations.

My recommendation would be:
    1) Uninstall Webclipse.
    2) Shutdown / Restart.
    3) Add the -clean argument to your eclipse.ini file and restart Eclipse. It may take a bit longer to start this once as the caches should be cleaned by this.
    4) Go to your [eclipse_installation]/plugins/ folder and confirm that there aren’t any com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript_* folders. If you find any, shut down Eclipse and delete them.
    5) Install Webclipse.

If this doesn’t fix the problem, it might help if you can try a fresh installation of Eclipse – if that’s too much trouble, I will try to provide alt steps.

Sorry you ran into this, it appears to have been some sort of update/unzip glitch. Will be here if you need additional help – do keep us posted.

#555364 Reply

james3
    Participant

Thanks Brian. I will probably take the opportunity to install Eclipse Oxygen (currently on Neon) and install Webclipse from scratch.

James.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to edit TypeScript files after update to 2017 CI 11

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.