facebook

Unable to find setter method for attribute

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

vtcool

Hi, I am creating a couple of JSF custom component tags and have created the TLD files and the associated setter and getter methods within the source for the custom component. However, when I try to use my custom component tag it flags them as errors with the message Unable to find setter method for attribute <attribute>. I was wondering how would I get my project to remove these error messages for I have only found that if I close and restart myeclipse and the webserver it sometimes removes the errors. Thanks in advance.

#222837 Reply

Riyad Kalla

vtcool,
    Unfortunately you found the only workaround I am aware of at this time. There is some caching going on within the project data that isn’t getting cleared, I noticed this as well while developing custom taglibs and am talking with the team about fixing them up; no worries.

#229405 Reply

Dave Raymer

I had/have this same problem, and I’ve found another workaround

(1) go into tld and remove the “offending” <attribute/> (cut to clipboard) then save tld
    (2) force re-validate of jsp, you get an error about the “offending” attribute not existing
    (3) go back to tld, and put the “offending” <attribute/> back in. save tld.
    (4) force another re-valide of jsp, error should go away

@vtcool wrote:

Hi, I am creating a couple of JSF custom component tags and have created the TLD files and the associated setter and getter methods within the source for the custom component. However, when I try to use my custom component tag it flags them as errors with the message Unable to find setter method for attribute <attribute>. I was wondering how would I get my project to remove these error messages for I have only found that if I close and restart myeclipse and the webserver it sometimes removes the errors. Thanks in advance.

#230281 Reply

Rasesh

Wow That worked !!, Thanks Raymerd, I wasted a lot of time on that and at last.

Rasesh

#230284 Reply

Rasesh

Also you will need to restart MyEclipse if that doesn’t work sometimes.

Rasesh

#231378 Reply

RRLevering

In my case, I found that restarting Eclipse didn’t make it go away. However, if I just removed the attribute from the JSP, saved, then pasted it back in,saved, it was all fine. I read the suggestion too fast and discovered that by accident.

#236247 Reply

smgeorge99

I am having the same problems described above, but none of the suggested solutions seem to work at all for me. A little background: this application used to work, then I updated one of the custom jars in the application (the one that contains the taglib in question). The taglib did not change from one version of the jar to the next. Now I am getting this error, and nothing I do seems to fix it.

I am using WSAD 5.1.1. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

#236824 Reply

Mickey Barton
    Participant

I am having the same problem using MyEclipse 4 GA. Is this problem supposed to be fixed 4.0 GA

#236826 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys this is an issue with our taglib cache not being invalidated and refreshed appropriate, the fix is to restart eclipse and rebuild your project, we appologize in the mean time that the workaround is so time consuming, we are hoping to get this fixed in the 5.x release series as there is going to be MAJOR work behind the scenes for 5.0, so it may either get fixed as a side effect of that, or be fixed down the road in a subsequent release.

#257127 Reply

Manuel85

It works!!

Thank you raymerd!

(1) go into tld and remove the “offending” <attribute/> (cut to clipboard) then save tld
    (2) force re-validate of jsp, you get an error about the “offending” attribute not existing
    (3) go back to tld, and put the “offending” <attribute/> back in. save tld.
    (4) force another re-valide of jsp, error should go away

#276388 Reply

Renen

This message has not been recovered.

#276407 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276420 Reply

Renen

#276423 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#276427 Reply

Renen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Unable to find setter method for attribute

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in