facebook

Unable to install breakpoint due to missing line numbers

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Try a new project, does that work? If not, try a new workspace (File > Switch Workspace > C:\tempworkspace, hit OK) then a new project. Does that work?

Did you try restarting using the -clean command line argument? Stale plugin state can cause all sorts of problems.

#260385 Reply

tory

We are building a .jar file with Ant. However, we cannot debug into this .jar after attaching the source code to the .jar. There are a couple of places on the web that say this can happen if building a .jar with Ant, but they give no solution. Does anyone know how to correct this (other than not using Ant)?

#260391 Reply

tory

I just went to File => Export => JAR file and manually created the needed .jar file. I was then able to debug into the .jar after I attached the source and redeployed to the server. Seems Ant is the problem. Does anyone know why there is a problem with Ant building the .jar files?

#260409 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The reason Ant is the problem is that by default the <javac> task does not include debug information in the generated class files. Just make sure to set debug to true and include all 3 of the debugging informaiton types. Please refer to the Ant documentation for the javac task for more information.

#260690 Reply

Kuckuck

Thank you… rkalla..
    That was the mistake. If have to change the javac option in my build.xml <javac debug=”true” … > and now after comiling i can install breakpoints.
    Thanks again for your help… 🙂

Georg

#260698 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool, glad it’s working.

#268153 Reply

gglamonakis

I run in a fairly complex environment where our build room built our project using java 50 however the runtime environement into which the project used a different build of java50 – an IBM specific thing I think called J9

When I launched my project for remote debugging with this j9 jvm, I got that unable to install break point error. I changed the way I launch this appliation to use the java 50 version it was built with and the error goes away.

Best Regards,
    Greg

#268158 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Greg,
    Thank you for posting your findings for other users possibly running into the same issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Unable to install breakpoint due to missing line numbers

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in