facebook

Unable to install codemix plugin

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Dale
    Participant

Ok i installed java 11 but getting the hash issues still. Will do all this from home tonight and see if it is network related.

Thanks for your help.

#612343 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Hi good morning

So the good news is, there must be something on my company network that is causing the download issue.

I managed to install Codemix fully last night at home. I then tried for the update site after which installed but never ran, it just said ‘Codemix is being prepared’ and after an hour or so it never started.

I did another fresh eclipse and installed Codemix again from the update site and is working fine no problems. I will continue to use this version for now.

Thanks for your help.

ps. I’ve attached the log if helps in any way.

Cheers
    Dale

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Dale. Reason: attach log file
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612347 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ui 1 0 2019-04-10 10:39:58.055
    !MESSAGE The CodeMix engine was not able to be updated to the latest version. This can cause breaks with standard CodeMix functionality.

On Windows, this is most often caused by a file system lock inside the Engine directory within user-home\.codemix, potentially by an Explorer window being open or another instance of CodeMix running. Shut down other processes that may be locking this directory and try again.

Found this in your error log – perhaps there was a lock on the file for some reason, which prevented the update from taking place. Regardless, glad you have a working install, and we’ll have the regular release out in a day or two, so you’ll be on it soon enough.

Again, thank you for sending in your findings, much appreciated!

#612627 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dale,

Just wanted to drop a note here that the release was made publicly available yesterday. Your installations should normally update to this version without specifying any special settings.

Do let me know if you’re experiencing issues with the update.

#612654 Reply

Dale
    Participant

Hi Brian, yes i noticed the update happening – everything went smoothly, no problem. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Unable to install codemix plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in