facebook

Unable to install copilot in latest STS4

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

itsramp
    Participant

Hi All,

I am unable to install copilot in my STS-4.22.0.
    I get an error message which is as shown here below

“Unable to read repository at https://www.genuitec.com/updates/copilot4eclipse/content.xml.
    PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target”

I have done the keytool commands installing the cert in my JDK location.
    Nothing seems to work and I end up with the same issue.

Request help!

Regards,
    Ram

#700453 Reply

wayne

Hi Ram,
    I am assuming you are behind a corporate firewall. Is that correct?
    If yes can you ask your network team if genuitec.com is some how blacklisted or blocked for some reason?
    Also we provide a download for private installation upon request. You can contact us by email at info@genuitec.com for more info.
    Regards,
    Wayne
    Copilot Team

#700468 Reply

wayne

I was discussing this issue with several on our team and learned that it has been observed on some older JDKs.

Can you share the JDK version and distribution you are using? It would be interesting to see if we can replicate the issue.

Wayne

#700851 Reply

sreejith.vijayan
    Participant

I also have the same issue. I am using amazon corretto jdk 1.8. I am also added the certificates. When I try the url through the browser, I am getting a 504 gateway Timeout exception

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #700856 Reply

wayne

sreejith,
    Thanks for sharing this info.
    A couple of thoughts:
    1) A quick reminder that Copilot4Eclipse is compatible with versions of Eclipse 2023-6 or greater. These versions of Eclipse require Java 17 or greater.
    2) Occasionally we have seen a Java distro fail in similar manner. Can you try a different Java 17 distro and let me know if that resolves the situation. I can’t guarantee this will solve the problem but it might. If it fails we can discuss other options.

Regards,
    Wayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to install copilot in latest STS4

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in