facebook

Unable to install webclipse

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

cal2dev
    Participant

I am getting timeout error when installing webclipse. Please help.

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    session context was:(profile=_home_justdial_eclipse_javascript-oxygen_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
    Unable to read repository at http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci7/features
    /com.genuitec.eclipse.common.jsjet.php.feature_1.8.3.201707051836.jar.
    Read timed out

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by cal2dev.
    #530426 Reply

support-swapna

cal2dev,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Are you behind a firewall or proxy? Can you please retry the install to rule out temporary network glitch? Please make sure your internet connection is working with no disruptions.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#530430 Reply

cal2dev
    Participant

I can install all other plugin but not this one. so my internet and other network things are just fine. Its just stuck on this call
    http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci7/features/com.genuitec.eclipse.common.jsjet.php.feature_1.8.3.201707051836.jar”
    Shows Read timed out. I think this jsJet plugin repository in not responding. can you please check.

Thanks

#530434 Reply

support-swapna

cal2dev,

Sorry that the issue persists.

If you are behind a firewall or proxy, then it is possible that the content scanning is likely taking too long on large jars and causing a timeout. Please contact your firewall administrator to see if the update site can be white-listed so that content scanning can be eliminated.
    Please white-list : downloads.genuitec.com for both http and https.

Can you also please let us know what you see when you try to open this link in a web browser? : http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci7/features/com.genuitec.eclipse.common.jsjet.php.feature_1.8.3.201707051836.jar

If it also times out from the web browser then it could most likely be a connection problem from your end. Please also provide us with your public IP address so that we can check our logs to investigate why it fails.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#530439 Reply

cal2dev
    Participant

It will not be a connection problem as in the response I can see the some random special characters when I hit the given url.
    My IP : 172.29.87.22

Thanks

#530445 Reply

support-swapna

cal2dev,

Thank you for the clarification. I could install Webclipse from the Marketplace to Eclipse for PHP developers Oxygen 4.7 and do not see the issue you are seeing.

Can you please give us some more details to help us replicate the problem at our end?

1. Can you please let us know if you are connecting from an office or home network?
    2. Did you set the proxy settings in the Network Connections page of Eclipse Preferences? If yes, then please share with us the settings.
    3. Please share with us the Eclipse Version and Build id details from menu Help > About Eclipse section and whether you are working with a 32 bit or 64 bit install of Eclipse. Also share with us your OS and version details.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#530647 Reply

cal2dev
    Participant

Sure
    1. Ya I am connecting from office network.
    2. Native settings are used. No proxy added. Screenshot attached.
    3. Eclipse for JavaScript and Web Developers
    Version: Oxygen Release (4.7.0)
    Build id: 20170620-1800
    And I was able to install darkest theme.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by cal2dev.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by cal2dev.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #530676 Reply

support-swapna

cal2dev,

Thank you for the details. We are investigating the issue at our end. We will get back to you soon.
    Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#530818 Reply

cal2dev
    Participant

Thanks Swapna

This issue only comes when you install eclipse through installer in Ubuntu but if you use the portable eclipse and install plugins, everything works fine.

Thanks

#531304 Reply

cal2dev
    Participant

Hi, I got the issue cause.
    This error occurs only if you have PDT (PHP development tools) installed in your eclipse.

Thanks

#531315 Reply

support-swapna

cal2dev,

Thank you for sharing your findings. The dev team is looking into the problem.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Unable to install webclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in