facebook

Unable to select or inspect elements in chrome canary v41

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hemanth

Hello,

Tried to inspect element by clicking on the element in the elements tab, but the element is not getting selected. Right now I have to use my up and down keys to select an element.

Any help will be appreciated.

App details:
    ———–
    Android 4.4.2
    Phonegap
    Mac OS Yosemite
    Chrome Canary

#353309 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thx for sharing this issue.
    I ran a few GapDebug tests using Canary 41 and Chrome 39.
    No issues with the dom inspector in C39. In C41 as you reported element selection is unresponsive. I tested the C41 debugger on a web page with no issues. But it also failed when I attempted remote debugging and android app. My preliminary assessment (guess) is this is a canary issue. I’m going to look into it more deeply tomorrow.

#353322 Reply

hemanth

You are welcome and thanks for replying.

#353405 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@hemanth

Update we have a fix for this issue in the pipeline. We hope to release it early next week if our testing goes well. I’ll keep you updated. Thx again for the find.

#353433 Reply

hemanth

I’m glad you people are fixing the issue. Thank you.

#353509 Reply

sanafan

Can confirm this issue… hope the fix comes soon :-/ Working with that is not possible.

#353510 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@sanafan

Yes, the current GapDebug version is not compatible with the new Chrome v40 just released. We have an update planned to ship today. I’ll post an update when the release is ready. You’ll also see a small announcement in the GapDebug UI when the release is ready for download.

#353513 Reply

sanafan

Thanks in Advance, great to hear!

#353522 Reply

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know we have completed the update and it can be downloaded here: https://www.genuitec.com/products/gapdebug/download/
    This new one should love the Chrome v40 compatibility issues and unresponsiveness.

Thanks,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Unable to select or inspect elements in chrome canary v41

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in