facebook

Unable to set breakpoint in JSP file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Paul Baker

I have created a MyEclipse web project and imported the web files from an existing application. I am able to deploy the web application to a WebLogic 8.1 server. Hot deploys also work fine. The problem is that I am unable to set a breakpoint in the JSP or JSPF files. What would cause the breakpoint not to be set?

I am running Eclipse 3.1 with WTP 0.7 and MyEclipse created from EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_4.0M2_E3.1.exe

Any help would be GREATLY apprecated.

Thanks!

Paul

#234288 Reply

Paul Baker

The JSP Code Completion and Validation is not working either.

So, I am able to deploy JSP/JSPF files but MyEclipse is not associating the JSP features to the files (no debugging and no JSP Code Completion and Validation).

#234298 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That sounds like a broken install.

I am running Eclipse 3.1 with WTP 0.7 and MyEclipse created from EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_4.0M2_E3.1.exe

We have no idea if this is a stable configuration, but I doubt it since they’ll both try to handle your code completion and breakpoint setting. To test MyEclipse, please install it by itself using a fresh Eclipse 3.1 installation as we have no way to know where the problems will lie in this configuration.

#234318 Reply

Paul Baker

Good news: Basic problem solved….
    Solution: Use MyEclipse JSP Editor (of course!)
    How:
    Open file using “Open with” or
    Set preferences via: Window | Preferences | General | Editors | File Association

It helps to read the FAQ 🙂 see –

http://www.myeclipseide.com/FAQ+index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-30.html#102

I have other problems with fragments and the speed of the auto-completion… I will start new threads on these issues or append to exsiting threads..

#234322 Reply

Riyad Kalla

w.r.t. to speed of autocomplete, remove JARs from your Build Path that are not required for compile-time resolution. Autocomplete indexes and looksup all the classes in your classpath, the bigger it is, the slower autocomplete will be.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to set breakpoint in JSP file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in