facebook

unable to start jboss server in debug mode.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

rbhasuri

hi all !!!

I am unable to start jboss server in debug mode if i am trying to start it in debug mode it is showing some null point exception and if i am trying to stop the server then it is showing

Exception in thread “main” javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
    at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:214)
    Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
    … 4 more
    Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:248)
    … 5 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:267)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:84)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:77)
    at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:244)
    … 5 more

all this is happening only when i am trying to start in debug mode. I am able to start the server normally.
    It is also showing “Unable to update index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2” by going through previous discussions i found that we should change the proxy settings in settings.xml but i am unable to find settings.xml in .m2.

Can anyone help me on this???????

#327869 Reply

support-swapna

rbhasuri ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you answer some more questions for us ?

1. Can you please copy paste the installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ?

2. Are you behind a firewall/proxy ? Did you setup proxy host/port in the MyEclipse network connections Window>properties>General>Network Connections?

3. Which version of JBoss are you working with ? How are you starting the server in Debug mode?

4. Can you recheck if the server starts fine in Run mode and you can deploy a simple project to it without any issues?

5. Clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Now try starting the server in Debug mode and copy paste the contents of the .log file here for us.

6. For the maven issue, there are additional proxy settings for maven.

Go to MyEclipse->Preferences->Maven4Myeclipse->User Settings. There you will see the file used for user settings (named, settings.xml). That file (which may not yet exist, in which case, create it) should look something like this, when configuring the proxy:

Code:

<settings>
    <proxies>
    <proxy>
    <active>true</active>
    <protocol>http</protocol>
    <host>proxy.somewhere.com</host>
    <port>8080</port>
    <username>proxyuser</username>
    <password>somepassword</password>
    <nonProxyHosts>www.google.com|*.somewhere.com</nonProxyHosts>
    </proxy>
    </proxies>
    </settings>

You need to set the elements for your particular situation; the above is just an example.

Let us know how it works for you.

#327871 Reply

rbhasuri

hi swapna!!! thank you for a quick response.

here are the answers for your quries

1) installation details: *** Date:
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 5:36:29 PM IST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.6.1
    Build id: 8.6.1-20101117

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    D:\Myeclipsce\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    D:\Myeclipsce\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    D:\Myeclipsce\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    D:/Myeclipsce
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    D:/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

2) i didnt setup anything for the proxy in the network connections. but i just gone through them in my MyEclipsce the active provider is native and http as checked by default.

3)jboss version is 4.2.2

My server is running fine in run mode.it is not running in debug mode.i am able to deploy a project and run .for debbugging i need to run the server in debug mode but it is throwing error messege.

#327872 Reply

rbhasuri

with some exceptions my server is running in debug mode. but if i am trying to run in the browser the page is not getting displayed but the status is being shown as running in debug.
    well, once i try stopping the server the error msg i am getting is

Hard Shutdown: jboss4Server
    An exception stack trace is not available.

one more error is

java.io.IOException: Transfer for nexus-maven-repository-index.properties failed; Transfer error: Connection refused: no further information
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$WagonFetcher.retrieve(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:693)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.AbstractResourceFetcher.retrieve(AbstractResourceFetcher.java:22)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.downloadIndexProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:493)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.access$100(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:74)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$IndexAdaptor.setProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:780)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:954)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:138)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateRemoteIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1060)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1013)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager$1.run(NexusIndexManager.java:624)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.IndexUpdaterJob.run(IndexUpdaterJob.java:71)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

#327900 Reply

support-swapna

rbhasuri,

You can disable the maven updates at start up. Go to Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Maven4MyEclipse > Maven and uncheck the “Download repository index updates on startup”.

Clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Run the server in debug mode and try deploying the project. Now copy paste the contents of the .log file here for us to investigate further.

Also send us what exact exceptions you are seeing when starting the server in Debug mode.

We have released version 10.5 recently. I suggest you install 10.5 and see if you are seeing the issues with it. You can install 10.5 alongside 8.6.1 without uninstalling 8.6.1. The license you hold for 8.6.1 is valid for 10.5 too as our licenses are time based and not version based.

You can download 10.5 from here :
    http://myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=ME

#327903 Reply

rbhasuri

i just unchecked the “Download repository index updates on startup”. Now i started the server in debug mode. then,in my console i am able to see this

12:19:11,172 INFO [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)…
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Home Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Home URL: file:/D:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Patch URL: null
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Server Name: default
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Server Home Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Server Home URL: file:/D:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Server Log Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\log
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Server Temp Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\tmp
    12:19:11,188 INFO [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
    12:19:12,438 INFO [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_13,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    12:19:12,438 INFO [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.3-b02,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    12:19:12,438 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
    12:19:13,844 INFO [Server] Core system initialized

this is stopping here and the control is going to Properties.class. Now, when i check the server it is running in debug mode but, when i try to run in the browser it is not showing jboss server page. it is showing Problem in connection in the browser.

#327904 Reply

rbhasuri

while starting in debug mode this is the error messege. plss check once.

jboss4Server [Remote Java Application]
    org.jboss.Main at localhost:3266
    Thread [DestroyJavaVM] (Running)
    Thread [main] (Suspended (exception NullPointerException))
    Properties$LineReader.readLine() line: 418 [local variables unavailable]
    PropertyMap(Properties).load0(Properties$LineReader) line: 337
    PropertyMap(Properties).load(InputStream) line: 325
    Main.<init>(String) line: 119
    Main.<init>() line: 110
    NamingService.<init>() line: 67
    NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Constructor, Object[]) line: not available [native method]
    NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Object[]) line: 39
    DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Object[]) line: 27
    Constructor<T>.newInstance(Object…) line: 513
    MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(String, ClassLoader, Object[], String[]) line: 1233
    MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(String, ObjectName, Object[], String[]) line: 286
    ServiceCreator.install(ObjectName, ObjectName, Element) line: 193
    ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(Element, List, ObjectName, boolean) line: 451
    ServiceConfigurator.install(Element, ObjectName) line: 171
    ServiceController.install(Element, ObjectName) line: 226
    NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not available [native method]
    NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 39
    DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 25
    Method.invoke(Object, Object…) line: 597
    ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(Invocation) line: 155
    Invocation.dispatch() line: 94
    Invocation.invoke() line: 86
    XMBean(AbstractMBeanInvoker).invoke(String, Object[], String[]) line: 264
    MBeanServerImpl.invoke(ObjectName, String, Object[], String[]) line: 659
    MBeanProxyExt.invoke(Object, Method, Object[]) line: 210
    $Proxy4.install(Element, ObjectName) line: not available
    SARDeployer.create(DeploymentInfo) line: 249
    MainDeployer.create(DeploymentInfo) line: 969
    MainDeployer.deploy(DeploymentInfo) line: 818
    MainDeployer.deploy(URL) line: 782
    MainDeployer.deploy(String) line: 766
    NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Method, Object, Object[]) line: not available [native method]
    NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 39
    DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: 25
    Method.invoke(Object, Object…) line: 597
    ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(Invocation) line: 155
    Invocation.dispatch() line: 94
    NullInterceptor(AbstractInterceptor).invoke(Invocation) line: 133
    Invocation.invoke() line: 88
    ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(Invocation) line: 142
    Invocation.invoke() line: 88
    XMBean(AbstractMBeanInvoker).invoke(String, Object[], String[]) line: 264
    MBeanServerImpl.invoke(ObjectName, String, Object[], String[]) line: 659
    MBeanProxyExt.invoke(Object, Method, Object[]) line: 210
    $Proxy5.deploy(String) line: not available
    ServerImpl.doStart() line: 482
    ServerImpl.start() line: 362
    Main.boot(String[]) line: 200
    Main$1.run() line: 508
    Thread.run() line: 619
    Daemon Thread [Timer-0] (Running)
    D:\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\bin\javaw.exe (Jul 5, 2012 12:19:09 PM)

#327905 Reply

support-swapna

rbhasuri,

1. After the JBoss starts in Debug mode, clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log , deploy the project and copy paste the contents of the .log file for us to investigate further. Please share the contents to help us verify if the server has indeed started inspite of the errors.

2. Can you try starting the JBoss in Debug mode outside MyEclipse ?

#327908 Reply

rbhasuri

i followed the process as you said first i stopped the server from debug mode and then i started it again. the same thing has happend the control went to properties.class. in the log file it is

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core 1 0 2012-07-05 14:58:31.727
    !MESSAGE Hard Shutdown: jboss4Server

in the console it displayed

14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)…
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Home Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Home URL: file:/D:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Patch URL: null
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Server Name: default
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Server Home Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Server Home URL: file:/D:/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Server Log Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\log
    14:59:08,821 INFO [Server] Server Temp Dir: D:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\server\default\tmp
    14:59:08,836 INFO [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
    14:59:09,618 INFO [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_13,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    14:59:09,618 INFO [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 11.3-b02,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    14:59:09,618 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
    14:59:10,602 INFO [Server] Core system initialized

i am not understanding what is wrong with the server. i deleted everythng from the log file and then restarted the server then, i got the error msg as i said.

#327911 Reply

support-swapna

rbhasuri ,

Can you please check if you can start the JBoss in Debug mode outside MyEclipse to rule out any issue with the server ?

You will have to edit the $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.conf file to start JBoss in Debug mode from outside.
    Uncomment the JAVA_OPTS line under # Sample JPDA settings for remote socket debuging, add the -Xdebug to the JAVA_OPTS and change suspend=y to suspend=n

Here is the link on how to start JBoss in Debug mode :
    https://community.jboss.org/thread/78131

#327913 Reply

rbhasuri

hello swapna!

jboss server is working fine outside eclipse. I just made the changes in the run.conf file and run it in the command prompt using run.bat command. its working fine. dont knw why its not working in eclipse.

#327946 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

rbhasuri,

We’ve been unable to replicate the problem here.

1. If possible, can you upgrade both JBoss and MyEclipse to the latest versions? There have been many fixes in both products since the versions that you are running.
    2. If the problem persists, please attach the .log files, as asked for in previous posts, as this might help us determine the cause of the problem. The .log file is in the .metadata folder of your workspace. Clear or delete the .log file, then try to start JBoss in debug mode. Attach the resulting .log file to your reply. You may need to rename the file to “log.txt” to attach it.
    3. Please also let us know how you are starting the JBoss server. Is it from the Servers view, from the Debug As menu item or from a run configuration?
    4. Please also attach screenshots of, or the information from, the JBoss server connector settings, including any JDK page settings. If you are using a customised launch configuration for the server, please include information from any configuration pages that you modified.

It’s important that you try to provide some information for all of the points raised here, to enable us to help you more quickly.

#327947 Reply

rbhasuri

Hello Tony,

!) first thing is i cannot upgrade to newer version. The reason is my MyEclipsce Center is not working. I am attaching the screenshot of it.Pls check.
    And i cannot install new version of my eclipsce due to few issues in my project. So i need to solve the problem in this version or i can upgrade.but for upgrading it is showing error.

2) As mentioned above i provided the details from the log file by copying it here. i copied the errors from log file and provided it to you. By the way in the workspace in .metadata i am able to see text document,lock file, configuration settings and few folders. i am assuming the text document is the log file.
    I am starting the server from the server view only.
    I am attaching all the files…please check….. Inspite of showing exceptions the server status is been shown as running in the server view. But, if i am trying to run in the browser it is showing “Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.” Hope i answered all your queries.

#327948 Reply

rbhasuri

Please let me know wether you are able to see the attached files??? i am nt knwing wether the files are attached or not….

#327949 Reply

rbhasuri

Hello Tony,

!) first thing is i cannot upgrade to newer version. The reason is my MyEclipsce Center is not working. I am attaching the screenshot of it.Pls check.
    And i cannot install new version of my eclipsce due to few issues in my project. So i need to solve the problem in this version or i can upgrade.but for upgrading it is showing error.

2) As mentioned above i provided the details from the log file by copying it here. i copied the errors from log file and provided it to you. By the way in the workspace in .metadata i am able to see text document,lock file, configuration settings and few folders. i am assuming the text document is the log file.
    I am starting the server from the server view only.
    I am attaching all the files…please check….. Inspite of showing exceptions the server status is been shown as running in the server view. But, if i am trying to run in the browser it is showing “Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8080.” Hope i answered all your queries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: unable to start jboss server in debug mode.

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in