facebook

Unable to stop JBoss 4 Server

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

victor.lewis

After having started a JBoss 4 server from the My Eclipse Run/Stop Servers> JBoss 4> Start action when I choose My Eclipse Run/Stop Servers> JBoss 4>Stop the JBoss server does not stop. A new process shows up in the debug perspective but neither it nor the JBoss server exit without my having to terminate them.

#218805 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue or a configuration problem. Thanks.

#218862 Reply

victor.lewis

Sorry, I should have given you this in the first place.

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?

Yes

– Are any other external plugins installed?

No

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*

– What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features)

– What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)

1.4.2_06

– What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?

1.4.2_06

– What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?

See above

– What application server are you using?

jboss 4.0.0 RC2

– Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?(<workspace>/.metadata/.log)

None.

#218871 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you upgrade to JBoss 4.0 Final and try that? I know we had to make some connector changes that broke backward compatibility with the RC releases because of last minutve changes in 4.0

#218883 Reply

victor.lewis

The problem has gone away. It may be becuase of the switch to JBoss 4.0.0 Final.

I may also be due to shutting down a network adapater that was not on a network. It was getting the address of 196.254.0.0 and some of the services in the new JBoss server were trying to bind to it and failing. I tried setting the jboss.bind.address address in the Preferences panel (MyEclipse->Application Servers->JBoss 4->JDK, ie -Djboss.bind.address=127.0.0.1) but it seemed to have no effect on the server that was launched.

For future reference how do I set that property when launching JBoss?

Disabling the network adapter seems to have fixed both problems.

#218884 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Victor I am not sure how to set that value except via the -D method that you tried… I don’t know why JBoss would be binding to that address… maybe a question for their forums?

#218885 Reply

victor.lewis

When I launch from the command line with

run.bat -Djboss.bind.address=127.0.0.1

it binds to the address I specify.

When I run JBoss from MyEclipseIDE as specified above it still binds to 0.0.0.0 (all interfaces) rather just 127.0.0.1.

#218886 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I just looked through the run.bat file to see if it was doing anything fancy and I don’t know why that would happen… I’ll touch base with the connector developer about tthis.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Unable to stop JBoss 4 Server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in