facebook

Typing in JS file is not resulting in changes to the file on screen

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kenjdavidson
    Participant

I’m unable to edit a JS file. The file is being edited, because if i save and close/reopen my changes are there. But it’s not allowing me to type into it in real time. This happens at least one or twice a session. It is only a single JS file, all others open within the editors are editable and work fine.

The only way to resolve this is to close down and restart Eclipse all together.

There are no errors in the .log file for this point in time.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by kenjdavidson.
    #609098 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ken,

That is very strange. Since you said you can see changes saved, are you saying the what you type does get into the file but isn’t shown as you type?

This might be a good issue for our Live Chat (go to Help>CodeMix>Live Chat), if there is a developer available at the time, as that feature provides us with tools for examining the issue in real time.

Alternatively, would it be possible to provide us with a sample project that includes the file that is causing the problem? As you might imagine, it will be hard for us to replicate if this is only happening with one file, so a sample project would really help.

Also, do you notice if the CodeMix engine is disconnected or in error whenever this happens? Just check the icon shown in the bottom left of the workspace window. Is there an exclamation mark shown? You can also hover the mouse pointer over the icon to see what the status is.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Typing in JS file is not resulting in changes to the file on screen

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in