facebook

Unable to update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tom Parry
    Participant

I have never been able to update only download a whole new version.
    Using:
    Version: 2015 CI 19
    Build id: 13.0.0-20160113

Using Java 1.8.0_102

I did see similar messages from 2009, so not sure why this fails.
    Any pointers are much appreciated.
    Here is the error message:

An error occurred while unconfiguring the items to uninstall
    — error: session context was:(profile=com.genuitec.delivery.package.profile.0470-xAp-1369, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Unconfigure, operand=[R]package.0470-xAp-1369.windows.x86_64.ini.launchsettings 1.0.0.win32-x86_64-dac57334170d1a02c63669139acaf5bc –> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.SetProgramPropertyAction).
    — error: Could not acquire the framework manipulator service.
    — java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not acquire the framework manipulator service.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.loadDelegate(LazyManipulator.java:45)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.getConfigData(LazyManipulator.java:108)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.SetProgramPropertyAction.execute(SetProgramPropertyAction.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:183)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.InProductUpdates.applySoftwareUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyPackageUpdatesJob.applyUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyAbstractUpdatesJob.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

#495838 Reply

support-swapna

Tom,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with the in-product update. MyEclipse 2015 CI 19 is the latest in the 2015 CI stream, so currently there are no updates available.

1. Can you please let us know if you have made any changes to the MyEclipse IDE after installing it ? Have you made any changes to the myeclipse.ini file or the configuration? Did you install any third party plugins?

2. Can you please let us know what exact steps you are following to check for updates in MyEclipse? Do you see any references to third party plugins while checking for updates?

3. Please share with us the OS and version details along with the MyEclipse installation path.

4. You can download and install MyEclipse 2016 CI 5 alongside your existing MyEclipse 2015 CI 19 installation. We are going to release an update to MyEclipse 2016 CI stream, CI 6 soon and you can check how the update works.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#495847 Reply

Tom Parry
    Participant

I use just the Help | Check for Updates
    I changed the ini to make some large compiles work, here it is:

#utf8 (do not remove)
    -startup
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.100.v20150511-1540.jar
    --launcher.library
    plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.300.v20150602-1417
    -vm
    D:\MyEclipse\binary\com.sun.java.jdk8.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.u66\bin\javaw.exe
    -configuration
    D:\MyEclipse\configuration
    -install
    D:\MyEclipse
    -vmargs
    -Xms1024m
    -Xmx2048m
    -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m
    -XX:PermSize=2048m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=4096m
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore

#495920 Reply

support-swapna

Tom,

Thank you for the details.Please answer ALL the questions in my previous response to help us support you better. From the contents of the myeclipse.ini, it looks like you have also added the -configuration parameter apart from increasing the memory.

Additionally, please also give us some more details :

1. What kind of projects do you have in the MyEclipse 2015 workspace?
    2. Are there any projects which are migrated from previous versions of MyEclipse?

Please install MyEclipse 2016 CI 5 along side your existing MyEclipse 2015 CI installation to be able to check the MyEclipse 2016 CI 6 update. The MyEclipse 2016 CI 6 will be released this week and will update when its available. Check the update in a new workspace without importing any projects and without making any changes to the myeclipse.ini file.

If the issue persists with the MyEclipse 2016 CI update, then please send us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#495928 Reply

Tom Parry
    Participant

I tried to install 2016 CI alongside but the installer will not give me that option.
    Only allows: run, repair, upgrade, uninstall.
    I elected upgrade.
    This went to completion but I cannot launch – give me an error of class not found:

!SESSION Tue Sep 06 09:04:32 EDT 2016 ------------------------------------------
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2016-09-06 09:04:32.764
    !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform:
    !STACK
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:666)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1488

I will uninstall and re-install to see if this gives similar error or is ok.

#495931 Reply

Tom Parry
    Participant

Uninstalling and re-installing works fine.
    Launched fine.
    I have not made any changes to the ini file nor configuration.
    I shall wait for 2016 CI 6 to see if the update works.

My projects are all JavaFx related.
    I did not install any 3rd party plugins.

Thanks for helping.

#659861 Reply

yane-pouche
    Participant

i have the same problem.

This is what i cann see in error log

An error occurred while unconfiguring the items to uninstall
    — error: session context was:(profile=com.genuitec.delivery.package.profile.2915-Enr-0574, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Unconfigure, operand=[R]package.2915-Enr-0574.windows.x86_64.ini.launchsettings 1.0.0.win32-x86_64-15a41aa4315dc63ef8be0ad44a1da3d5 –> [R]package.2915-Enr-0574.windows.x86_64.ini.launchsettings 1.0.0.win32-x86_64-db8c7c0abdbf1c36a2a40a5c5850cac0, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.SetProgramPropertyAction).
    — error: Could not acquire the framework manipulator service.
    — java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not acquire the framework manipulator service.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.loadDelegate(LazyManipulator.java:50)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.LazyManipulator.getConfigData(LazyManipulator.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.SetProgramPropertyAction.execute(SetProgramPropertyAction.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.ParameterizedProvisioningAction.execute(ParameterizedProvisioningAction.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.mainPerform(Phase.java:187)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:99)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:50)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:80)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:48)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.InProductUpdates.applySoftwareUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyPackageUpdatesJob.applyUpdates(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.ui.jobs.ApplyAbstractUpdatesJob.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by yane-pouche.
    #659866 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Yane,

Do you have additional plugins that are installed into MyEclipse? When you choose to update, are you presented with an update plan -items that will be installed and uninstalled, can you share that with us please?

The problem could be caused by a faulty configuration with key plugins not starting up. Can you also add a -clean switch to your myeclipse.ini file, then shut down and start MyEclipse, see if that allows you to apply the update?

Please let us know if this fixes the issue for you.

#659880 Reply

yane-pouche
    Participant

Hello Brian,
    thank you for your anwser.

Because the workspace is separated from the eclipse installation itself i have juste download the new version of Myeclipse Bundle with CodeMix (v:2020.5.18, with Build id: 16.0.0-20200518) and every thing is well.

Thank you again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Unable to update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in