facebook

Unable to update index for central

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

a06275

Hi there,

I’m not behind any proxy (most common cause of this problem, it seems) and yet I continue to receive this error when starting MyEclipse (with the update on startup flag turned on), or when hitting “update index” in the Add Dependency dialog:

Unable to update index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

I have so far tried the following things to solve it:

* New workspace
    * New MyEclipse install (10.5)
    * Deleting home/.m2/repository directory
    * Creating empty settings.xml (but according to correct template)
    * Double-checking that I can access the URL in a browser (I can)
    * Trying a different mirror …

<mirror>
        <id>uk.maven.org</id>
        <url>http://uk.maven.org/maven2</url>
        <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

… it made no difference though, apart from changing the URL in the error message!

I’m pulling my hair out here, as it always used to work, so would greatly appreciate any suggestions/advice on how to fix this.

[EDIT]
    Two other things I tried, but forgot to mention … I tried doing a flushdns locally, to no effect, and also tried connecting to my workplace VPN to see if going through my work’s network would help, but again it made no difference.
    [/EDIT]

#328232 Reply

support-swapna

a06275,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I have escalated it to a dev team member.
    They will get back to you.

#328244 Reply

a06275

@support-swapna wrote:

a06275,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I have escalated it to a dev team member.
    They will get back to you.

Thank you. I’ve probably done something embarrassingly stupid to cause this, but I really cannot think what, so I appreciate that you’ve passed it on to someone who may be able to help.

#328255 Reply

Brian Fernandes

a0,

We have been able to intermittently reproduce this problem; we believe it may be a combination of some sort of filtering at the repository for requests made from specific versions of m2e and/or some IPs or simply network issues. We are still looking into this problem and will update this thread when we have a concrete workaround.

1) If you have a prior version of MyEclipse available and attempt to update from that version, does it work?

2) Shut down MyEclipse and go to <workspace_location>\.metadata\.plugins\org.maven.ide.eclipse\nexus
    Delete the files in this folder and start MyEclipse – does this help?

#328276 Reply

a06275

@Support-Brian wrote:

We have been able to intermittently reproduce this problem; we believe it may be a combination of some sort of filtering at the repository for requests made from specific versions of m2e and/or some IPs or simply network issues. We are still looking into this problem and will update this thread when we have a concrete workaround.

1) If you have a prior version of MyEclipse available and attempt to update from that version, does it work?

2) Shut down MyEclipse and go to <workspace_location>\.metadata\.plugins\org.maven.ide.eclipse\nexus
    Delete the files in this folder and start MyEclipse – does this help?

I don’t have an older version, and I can’t seem to find one anywhere to download.

I’ve tried deleting that, but I couldn’t find that plugin. The closest was org.maven.ide.eclipse.wtp, but it didn’t have a nexus folder inside. There was a nexus folder in org.eclipse.m2e.core plugin, but emptying the contents of that made no difference.

I’d be very keen to get back to using MyEclipse again, as without proper Maven support, it’s incredibly frustrating to work with sometimes!

#328391 Reply

Brian Fernandes

a0,

We’ve managed to fix this internally. I will be releasing a patch today that will fix this for affected users; the fix will also be in 10.6 due at the end of this week.

Will update this thread once more details are available.

#328413 Reply

Brian Fernandes

a0,

Please see the following post for an immediate fix: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-update-index-for-central-2/

#328592 Reply

a06275

@Support-Brian wrote:

a0,

Please see the following post for an immediate fix: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-update-index-for-central-2/

Thank you! For some reason I don’t get notified of replies (must check my spam folder), but thank you very much for that … I shall install it as soon as I can 🙂

#328601 Reply

Brian Fernandes

a0,

The 10.6 update now includes a fix for this issue, please see: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/unable-to-update-index-for-central-2/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Unable to update index for central

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in