facebook

Uninstall Eclipse discovery packages

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Hi

If I have installed an Eclipse Discovery package, say Eclipse 3.6.2, that I no longer need. How can I uninstall it from SDC?

BR,
    Fredrik

#343129 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik,

You can for sure uninstall Eclipse Versions that you are not using any more, but first you have to make sure that there are no packages using the Eclipse Discovery Version you want to uninstall. If a Package is using it you need either to remove that package or change that package to use a different Eclipse Discovery Version, and in both cases you need to commit and promote that package; then you can go to Software Packs page, select Eclipse Discovery on Libraries and finally select the version you want to uninstall, now the Uninstall button in the top-right corner should be enabled and you can proceed with the uninstall.

Best regards

Oscar
    SDC – Support

#343132 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Ok, thanks!

Followup question; I have a thirdparty library that I want to remove, but the uninstall buttons (“-“) are all greyed out. Which should mean there is still a dependency to this lib, right?

But I am certain that there is no longer any dependency to it, not in any packages or my marketplace. Previous versions of my packages have used it, so I’m wondering if that could be the reason I can uninstall it? If so, how do I fix it?
    If not, is there a way to find what stops me from uninstalling the lib?

#343145 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik,

Please check that you do not have any pendings for commit and promote, also check that this software is not used on yours environmental policies. If the uninstall is still disabled, please send us these information:

What is the SDC version?
    What package version were you used?
    What is the library?

Best regards

Oscar
    SDC – Support

#343184 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Thanks, I double checked all packages and found that one of my package administrators had used the lib I was trying to delete. It works fine now!

#343192 Reply

sdc-support

Nice to hear that, its a pleasure to help.

Best regards

Oscar
    SDC – Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Uninstall Eclipse discovery packages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in