facebook

Update doesn't work behind a proxy

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Frédéric
    Participant

Hi,

I encounter a problem with last update of MyEclipse CodeMix bundle.

Update downloads and fails when applying changes. I have to say that there’s a proxy but I can’t change anything with it.

Here are the logs in attachement.

Thanx by advance.

#659756 Reply

Frédéric
    Participant

I forgot attachment file ^^

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #659818 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Frédéric,

The immediate solution to your problem would be to download an offline installer from our download page, and use it to upgrade your installation.

I’m not sure hwy this would fail though, since I know you were recently able to update your MyEclipse install a few weeks ago. I’m assuming you tried more than once? Have there been any changes to your network environment, are you able to download this file for instance from a regular browser (it’s one of the files that cannot be downloaded from your log).

#659825 Reply

Frédéric
    Participant

Hi,

you’re right, when I’m home, everything’s fine. But when I make my (personal) laptop traveling at work, it’s not OK anymore.
    There’s a proxy between me and the www, and I discovered that it was problematic to update the IDE.

Coworkers working on a basic Eclipse distribution do not have the problem. So I imagine that some packages of MyEclipse are fetched from URL filtered by the proxy, maybe because of forbidden ports.

As I’m home, I was able to download the file you indicated to me without any problem. That’s why I’m wandering about ports.

#659827 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Frédéric,

MyEclipse updates using the same tech that Eclipse updates with – we don’t use different ports.

Perhaps your proxy is specifically configured to let requests to eclipse.org through, while blocking other URLs that aren’t on a whitelist?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Update doesn't work behind a proxy

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in