facebook

Update problems- unable to locate companion shared library

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

James P. Clark
    Participant

I’m having update/installation problems and need help. I installed the version 7.0 “all in one” package with no problems under Windows Vista. I’ve been using the automatic Pulse update facility and successfully updated my installation several times over the span of a week taking me to version 7.1 and beyond. However, last night I ran the automatic update, restarted when prompted, and was presented this dialog box error message: “The Myeclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.” on start up. I’m dead in the water. Leaving the existing installation alone, I downloaded and ran the version 7.1 “all in one” installation package. At some point the process hangs at the window titled “Validating MyEclipse 7.1, Resolving MyEclipse dependencies, Resolving and validating the profile…”. I’m now with no runnable MyEclipse environment. Can someone help?

#296321 Reply

support-joy

clark79865,

Sorry to hear you ran into this issue.

However, last night I ran the automatic update, restarted when prompted, and was presented this dialog box error message: “The Myeclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.” on start up.

Can you verify the MyEclipse 7.0 installation directory has missing .ini file? If yes, can you check if you have pulse. If yes, you need to open pulse explorer, go to MyProfiles, select MyEclipse 7.0, right click and say [Run]/[Install and Run]/[Re-install and Run]. This will update your MyEclipse to 7.1.

If you don’t have pulse, can you validate the file size of all-in-one installer for ME 7.1 matches that given in the site. As there are a lot of hits to this site and lot of people trying to update to 7.1, it could be slow process to update. Our team have added couple of load-balancing servers for MyEclipse, can you please retry and let me know if it worked for you.

#296371 Reply

James P. Clark
    Participant

Joy,

Thanks for your help. I checked and found that there was in fact a …/Genuitec/MyEclipse 7.ini file. I used the default directory offered upon installation. I noticed a …/Genuitec/MyEclipse 7.0 directory and wondered if the embedded space may be a problem? I guess not.
    I followed your directions to open the Pulse Explorer and re-install MyEclipse to version 7.1.1; however, this uncovered another error on startup:

I don’t know if this has any ill effects, but at least MyEclipse starts up.

I did check that my ME 7.1 all-in-one installer file size on the site matches my downloaded file size.

#296403 Reply

support-joy

Hey clark79865,

Can you copy and paste your installation details here. MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details. I am guessing you have Vista, this is related to the permission and security issue in Vista. Please refer to this thread here http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-22450-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-15.html Let me know if this helps.

#296424 Reply

James P. Clark
    Participant

Yes, I’m running under Windows Vista. Here are my installation details:

*** Date: 
    Friday, March 20, 2009 2:29:33 PM GMT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsVista
    OS version=6.0.0
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 7.1.1
    Build id: 7.1.1-20090310

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 7.1.1
    Build id: 7.1.1-20090310

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-9I96EiDElYevwz-p1bP5z-NlAaP7vtX6Utotqsu
    Build id: M20080911-1700

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080709-0800-7o7tEAfEF_U5qyUgrb2HAp539P97
    Build id: M20080709-0800

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework GEF

Version: 3.4.1.v20080806-67718083A56B4H2A3213573
    Build id: 200809101400

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.4.100.r341_v20080814-989JESIEdAciFYfkZZsBfSwQ2341
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.4.1.r341_v20080731-7T7U0E9mlRIuGUYviF_VP
    Build id: M20080703-0800

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    --launcher.library
    C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.101.R34x_v20080731\eclipse_1115.dll
    -startup
    C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\../Common\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
    -clean
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jre.win32.x86_1.5.0.011\bin\client\jvm.dll

I will study your referenced thread to see if it applies to me. I have noticed that Help->Software Updates->Check for Updates… no longer works. It flashes a dialog box which closes so quickly that I can’t read the message; but it definitely is not working.

#296514 Reply

support-joy

Thanks for your installation details. Let me know if this helped http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-22450-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-15.html

#296615 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

How on earth can this be such a big problem to fix. Where’s the shared library and how do we get the.ini file to point to it.

You need to put some front line developers on this installation support until you get all the 7.1 issues worked out.

It is so frustrating to day after day have simple PULSE update send so many prople into unproductivity.

#296656 Reply

James P. Clark
    Participant

Well, I considered the referenced thread. My problem was not related to a corrupt java.security file. In fact, I couldn’t find this file within the MyEclipse installation directories. I followed the advise in the later part of the thread relating to completely uninstalling MyEclipse and Pulse, including removing any residual directories and files. After doing this, I downloaded the latest 7.1.1 “all-in-one” installer and installed ME using the default install directories under Windows Vista. I did NOT run the install as an Administrator; was that correct? My problem seems to be solved, the Pulse update phase is now working. Should I be running ME as Administrator?

#296675 Reply

support-joy

clark79865,

You have done everything right, you should be all set now. You are not supposed to run ME as an administrator.

douglasmhurst,

Can you elaborate what issue you are facing? Also, can you copy and paste your installation details here. You can get it from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Detail. This will help me understand your work environment.

#296818 Reply

Loyal Water

clark79865,
    On vista there are some permission issue that prevent MyEclipse from being installed if the user does not have the adequate permissions to write to a particular location that you might have selected. If you install to the default location, you should be able to setup ME without issue even if you are not logging in as administrator. So when you selected the default location, everything went off smoothly even though you didn’t not run as administrator.

#296823 Reply

James P. Clark
    Participant

Thanks Joy and Nipun,
    I ran the install NOT as Administrator and am running MyEclipse NOT as Administrator. I installed the environment in the default suggested directory path: C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Genuitec\. It seems to be working fine.

#296860 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guy we are working on a patch for this as well as the other hot-topics that people are having troubles with (with the installer, Pulse and network connectivity). We should have it out in about a week or 2.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Update problems- unable to locate companion shared library

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in