facebook

Updates to an SDC-Eclipse installation

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

If a user has an Eclipseinstallation originating from SDC and a plugin is updated, where does that update come from? I see some possibilities where it could come from depending on the security policy

As admin I could have
    – Allowed update sites,
    – Added access to a secure marketplace,
    – Allowed access to public marketplaces
    … or a combination of all of these

How can I know or control where the update is installed from?

#335542 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik.

As you mentioned on SDC there are different ways to make software available to your users:

1. You can add a plugin directly to a package as Extra Software. If you update any plugin that was added in this way and do a promote of the package the end user will get this update when he manually check for updates or when the automatic check for updates happen. If you have “Expose details of updates to end users” on the Security policy this update will be shown under the “Package Software” section.

2. If you allow updates sites, the user can install plugins from the allowed updates sites, if a plugin is updated on the update site he will get an update for it when he manually check for updates or when the automatic check for updates happen. and if details of updates are enabled it will be shown under the “Local Software” section.

3. If the plugin installed locally comes from a Markeplace, either secure or not secure, if the plugin has an update it will be detected when checking for updates either manually and automatically, and if details of updates are enabled it will be shown under the “Local Software” section.

Now, if you have a specific case you can share it with us and we can provide you a more concrete answer.

Best Regards.
    Héctor – SDC Support

#335545 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Ah, ok. I understand. What you are saying is that it will check for an update from the same source as it was installed from. I thought it might do a search for updates of a plugin-id across all possible sources.

Thanks.

#335567 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik.

You are right, that’s what I meant. Our check for updates job will check for updates for all the installed plugins on the source it was installed from.

So if you installed plugin “foo” from a ThirdParty Library and then you update that plugin on the marketplace, though the marketplace has a newer version as the plugin installed doesn’t come from the marketplace we won’t offer an update for it.

If you have any other question please let me know.

Best Regards.
    Héctor – SDC Support.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Updates to an SDC-Eclipse installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in