facebook

upgrade 6.6 to 7 fails MyEclipse will not even start

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mdarr
    Participant

When I try to start I a log file which is huge. This is a small section. Hopefully this is just a problem with the shortcut for MyEclipse which is still:
    “C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\eclipse.exe” -vm “C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\jre\bin\javaw.exe”

!MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.start(EclipseAppContainer.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.Activator.addingService(Activator.java:112)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1064)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackInitialServices(ServiceTracker.java:926)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:330)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker.open(ServiceTracker.java:274)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.Activator.start(Activator.java:54)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:417)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:405)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.startAppContainer(PlatformActivator.java:47)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator.start(PlatformActivator.java:32)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)

#297375 Reply

support-joy

mdarr,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. How did you try to upgrade from ME6 to ME7? The reason being ME 6 is based on Eclipse 3.3 whereas ME7.1 is based on Eclipse 3.4.1. The base eclipse has changed. Can you check if you have myeclipse.ini file in your myeclipse installation directory? I would suggest you to either download the all-in-one myeclipse 7.1.1 installer or usihg pulse install myeclipse 7.1.1.Also check the file size and the md5sum of the installer file. If you are using eclipse to install the myeclipse plugin. Make sure your base eclipse is Eclipse 3.4.1 classic.

#297412 Reply

mdarr
    Participant

Actually I upgraded with the MyEclipse update. Looks like I assumed wrongly that it would update Eclipse to 3.4. Since nothing seemed to be working I actually did what you said and downloaded the all-in-one myeclipse 7.1.1. I’m up and partially running. Now I have to reload all the plugins that I had in 6.6. This will teach me to document on paper since I have to do it from memory.

Thanks for the response though. (You guys are pushing pulse pretty hard. I spent some time on the rock pile with phone support and recognize marketing dictates when I see them 😉

#297508 Reply

support-joy

mdarr,

Good to hear that you have everything in working order. Adding Pulse to MyEclipse is a management decision.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: upgrade 6.6 to 7 fails MyEclipse will not even start

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in