facebook

Upgrade form for 3.8.2 to 3.8.3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I was wondering if you had determined yet if:

1. Global Preferences feature would be included in 3.8.3
    2. Update from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3 would be file modification based (eg zip) or would require a re-install
    3. Any other adverse effects expected with 3.8.3 upgrade (eg loss of any current preferences, re-import, workspace issues etc)

Also, if you have any ETA for 3.8.3 that would be great – we’ll be releasing to a number of users soon and want to make sure that the upgrade path isn’t too rough from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3 and/or wait if upgrade will be tough. Thanks,

Jay

#220294 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Checking on this for you Jay, hang tight…

#220299 Reply

Riyad Kalla

From the devs:

It should be a simple issue of using the update site followed by a -clean
    restart. No reinstall needed. For someone rolling it out within a company,
    we’ll also be providing an archive version of the update site so they can
    post it internally, test with it, and provide their own instructions. We’re
    not planning to add any adverse upgrading issues, but we’re always open to
    requests. 😉

On global preferences, not yet.

#220955 Reply

mroth

Hello, I am on 3.8.2 and followed all the Customized install site configurations for the last few releases. Now I don’t have a default update site. Eclipse does not find updates.

Can you guys post instructions how to set up the default URL and process?

Thanks / m

#220959 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

M,

There’s an announcement in the MyEclipse IDE Announcements forum that contains all the update site information for 3.8.3.

#220974 Reply

jaynes

That announcement talks about special instructions for upgrading from older version. I don’t see how to upgrade from 3.8.2. I don’t see what the regular update site is.

#220975 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Perhaps your looking at a different announcement. It’s called “Update site for MyEclipse 3.8.3” and is located here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-5107.html

It contains all the instructions for upgrading from any prior release of 3.8, including 3.8.2.

#220983 Reply

nat101

Hi;
    I am running 3.82 on 3.01 on WindowsXP.
    I have multiple desktop shortcuts that launch Eclipse/ME for different workspaces.
    Does it matter for which workspace I follow the posted upgrade 3.83 route? Will all workspaces be upgraded by doing it on any other workspace?
    Thanks,
    -nat

#220989 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat,
    You should run -clean for each workspace so the cache can be rebuilt, but other than that, there is a single install of MyEclipse that will be updated and you won’t need to rerun the update for each workspace.

#221086 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

@support-scott wrote:

Perhaps your looking at a different announcement. It’s called “Update site for MyEclipse 3.8.3” and is located here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-5107.html

It contains all the instructions for upgrading from any prior release of 3.8, including 3.8.2.

The instructions don’t make sense to me, I don’t see the options, from Help>Software Updates, that the announcement mentions. I’m running Eclipse 3.0.0, should I use a later version?

Tony

#221106 Reply

Paul Kaiser

@support-rkalla wrote:

You should run -clean for each workspace so the cache can be rebuilt …

a bit off topic but…

I didn’t realize that the manifest cache was stored in the workspace. Does this mean if I have parallel installs of Eclipse/MyEclipse that I use with the same workspace [set] I will have to run -clean every time I switch E/ME versions?

Thanks,
    Paul

#221134 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Paul,

That’s an interesting question. The answer, I believe, is “no” you don’t . Starting with -clean simply tells Eclipse’s OSGI runtime to forget about what plugins it loaded last time and rediscover and reload them. The information is then cached in the Eclipse configuration directory, not in the workspace.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Upgrade form for 3.8.2 to 3.8.3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in