facebook

upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rjst

Hi,

I upgraded from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3, and it didn’t reset my trial expiration. Is it supposed to be like this ? We are about to purchase the subscription anyway, but still I wonder.

thanks
    Ricardo

#221024 Reply

rjst

forgot to ask to be notified…

#221043 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I upgraded from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3, and it didn’t reset my trial expiration.

Why would upgrading reset your trial expiration? MyEclipse is a subscription based model based on year cycles… whatever happens in that year you are free to have; wether we upgrade from 2.0 to 4.0, or 2.0 to 2.1.

#221088 Reply

rjst

Hi,

I don’t have a subscription yet, I have a trial, that expired yesterday.

I upgraded, in hopes that it would allow me to continue evaluating, but even after the upgrade it’s still expired. I saw in a mailing list that updrading should reset the evaluation period back to another 30 days. I upgraded via the eclipse online update

thanks
    Ricardo

#221119 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ricardo,
    Because this was a minor increment it will not reset your evaluation code.

#221127 Reply

rjst

Is there a way to extend it, so we can continue using it until we buy the subscription ?

thanks
    Ricardo

#221130 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You can email subscriptions@genuitec.com with an explination of your situation and they will take care of you.

#221484 Reply

Hi,

Yesterday upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3 and it seems’ ok. no messages or warnigns appear.
    When I start my session the perspective looks different, I don’t have the controls in the bar for “Deploy” and “Start/Stop” appservers, and the views in bottom panel was missing (web browser, image, etc., not to mention bugzilla). I followed the instruccions for normal installation and manual and results the same, I don’t get the perspective correct, even the icon for perspective “My Eclipse” wasn’t there.
    Finaly, I only found one perspective for the new ‘DataBase Explorer’ and I had to add and configure “MyEclipse Ent.Workbench’, but I still missing the controls for Deploy and Start/Stop Appservers.

Any idea to get the perspective normal as in 3.8.2 without extra or manual configuration?

Salvador.

PD. By now, I’m back to 3.8.2.

#221485 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Salvador,
    Most likely you forgot to launch Eclipse with the -clean command line argument so it could rebuild its plugin cache, so it was throwing exceptions trying to load the new version of MyEclipse… we’ve seen some very strange behaviors before when people forget to relaunch with -clean.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: upgrade from 3.8.2 to 3.8.3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in