facebook

Upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.1 fails on Windows XP (32-bit)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hello,

I installed from MyEclipse automatic upgrade tool MyEclipse 7.1.1 from 7.1. All seems work OK and when MyEclipse is restarted, I obtain an error (“An error has occurred. See log file”…) .

I read the .log file and it seems there is a problem reading the repository (may be the file artifacts.xml)

I copy in this post my .log file.

Now I’m unable to open MyEclipse anymore and I’m unable to work.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Francesc Rosés

====================================================
    !SESSION 2009-03-12 09:33:31.081 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.5.0_11
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 0 0 2009-03-12 09:33:37.471
    !MESSAGE Product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product7.ide could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2009-03-12 09:33:38.658
    !MESSAGE Provisioning exception
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.ProvisionException: Unable to read repository at file:/C:/Apps/Genuitec/MyEclipse 7.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/471/data/listener_1925729951/.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.spi.p2.artifact.repository.SimpleArtifactRepositoryFactory.load(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.initializeArtifactRepository(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.directorywatcher.RepositoryListener.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.DropinsRepositoryListener.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.watchDropins(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.reconciler.dropins.Activator.start(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:489)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:321)
    Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Apps\Genuitec\MyEclipse 7.0\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\471\data\listener_1925729951\artifacts.xml (El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    … 22 more
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository 4 1000 2009-03-12 09:33:38.658
    !MESSAGE Unable to read repository at file:/C:/Apps/Genuitec/MyEclipse 7.0/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/471/data/listener_1925729951/.
    !STACK 0

#295870 Reply

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hello,

I can see the artifacts.xml exist. I copy here the file contents:
    <?xml version=’1.0′ encoding=’UTF-8′?>
    <?artifactRepository class=’org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository’ version=’1.0.0′?>
    <repository name=’artifact listener dropins’ type=’org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.simpleRepository’ version=’1′>
    <properties size=’2′>
    <property name=’p2.system’ value=’true’/>
    <property name=’p2.timestamp’ value=’1236847239207’/>
    </properties>
    <mappings size=’3′>
    <rule filter='(& (classifier=osgi.bundle))’ output=’${repoUrl}/plugins/${id}_${version}.jar’/>
    <rule filter='(& (classifier=binary))’ output=’${repoUrl}/binary/${id}_${version}’/>
    <rule filter='(& (classifier=org.eclipse.update.feature))’ output=’${repoUrl}/features/${id}_${version}.jar’/>
    </mappings>
    <artifacts size=’0’/>
    </repository>

Thanks,

Francesc Rosés

#295872 Reply

Ton Huisman

Had that when I upgraded one machine from 7.0 to 7.1 and then perform another update, last week.
    Had to do a full re-install to get it right, but it looks stable now.
    I’m trying another machine and I’ll watch what’s happening…

/Ton

#295873 Reply

Richard

Having the same problem.
    Runnig from a normal User account (non-admin access).
    Directory c:\apps\genuitec has ‘fullcontrol’ access for all in User group. Still upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.1 failes with the problem described above. Artifact file does exist and is readable by myself.

#295874 Reply

Ton Huisman

Well, my upgrade went just fine, I’m running as administrator (UAC off) on Vista x64 (with 32 bit java runtime), and now have upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1 to 7.1.1 using the normal ME / Pulse upgrade methods. I am bhind a firewall, but not the NTLM type that cause so many troubles, AFAICS, as I didn’t have any trouble.

Now I’ll have to await the availability of the full fledged 7.1.1 installer on the download pages. (Now it’s just 7.1.0, and I’d like to give my local users the most simple upgrade path: Parallel install, next to ME 6.01/6.5/6.6)

/Ton

#295892 Reply

Johan Kenens

I need urgent help on this, I don’t have the time to investigate on what could be wrong. Reinstall is also time consuming and I’m not sure that this will be solved after a reinstall and upgrade again. So guys from Genuitec please help us to be productive again.

Kind regards

#295977 Reply

support-joy

Inconvinience caused is sincerely regretted. I will have a dev team member look into this ASAP.

#296020 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ton & Others, we will be getting updated installers on the website next week, they will be built with the newly released Pulse 2.4.1 which included over 130 enhancements and changes.

For the time being, there are two things. 1 I want to get log files from you guys and the 2nd thing will be a workaround/fix for the issue.

Collecting Data
    Unfortunately the “FileNotFound” is a red-herring, there is something else wrong that gets reported as that. Could you guys do the following for me:

1. Shut down MyEclipse
    2. Go to <Genuitec Install Dir>\Common directory and ZIP the entire /logs dir. Also can you grab me your <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log files and send both of those to me as attachments to support@genuitec.com with the subject “ATTN Riyad” and a link to this thread so I have reference for why I’m getting files (I get a lot of files during the day).
    3. Can you clarify the actual behavior you are seeing? Is this a dialog on startup with the error? Are there any side effects to it? Does the product still work?

Workaround the Issue
    Thank you for being patient, the workaround is to go to Help > Software Updates > Manage in Pulse Explorer, when the Pulse Explorer comes up, shut down MyEclipse and then in the Pulse Explorer, right-click the single “MyEclipse 7.1” or “MyEclipse 7.1 Blue Edition” profile you see and click “Reinstall and Run”. This should rebuild the profile for you and startup without incident with the correct version.

I’m really sorry about this, on 9 different machines across 3 OS’s we didn’t see this internally but we’ve had about 5 people report it, so we know it’s a problem, we just don’t know how to reproduce it just yet.

#296151 Reply

Francesc Rosés
    Participant

Hi Riyad,

I will wait until a new distribution. The workaround don’t will work for me because I can start MyEclips so I can reach to Help > Software UPdates > Manage in Pulse Explorer.

Thanks i advance,

Francesc Rosés

#296754 Reply

Loyal Water

Francesc,
    We put new 7.1.1 / 2.4.1 installers up on the download page over the weekend and you should be able to use it to update your install.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.1 fails on Windows XP (32-bit)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in