facebook

Upgrade to 7.5 causes all kinds of problems to MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wangxian

Hi,

Just as others had experienced, I was forced to upgrdate to 7.5 from 7.1 a couple of weeks ago as well. After that upgrade, I got the NullPointerExceptions as reported previously by others. Luckily, I got that fixed by reinstalling Pulse. However, after that, I got the problems with security file and CVS. I ran Pulse reinstall many times since then. Each time after it just finished the reinstallation, everything seems to be okay. As soon as I restart the MyEclipse later, the both security file and CVS problems all come back. I am not really bothered by the security file. But if I could not connect to our CVS repository, I cannot check in my code. That is the BIGGEST problem. IT IS STILL HAPPENING and reinstalling using pulse does not help.

Could someone point to a right direction on how to solve this CVS problem? Thanks.

#300206 Reply

support-joy

Hi wangxian,

Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for us.

#300251 Reply

wangxian

I have wiped out the entire myeclipse from installed directory and registry, and reinstalled the All-in-one myeclipse 7.5. Now, it seems all okay. But that upgrade was really a mess.

#300284 Reply

support-joy

wangxian,

Good to hear you are all set.
    Frankly I don’t have visibility of your issue as you haven’t supplied any error logs/screenshots. What might have happened is upgrade to 7.5 had somehow changed CVS parameters, thus you were not able to connect to CVS. Since you removed MyEclipse and re-installed using the all-in-one installer and added everything afresh, you have bypassed the error.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Upgrade to 7.5 causes all kinds of problems to MyEclipse

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in