facebook

Upgrade to MyEclipse 2023.1 from 2022.1 fails

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

melartin
    Participant

Hi!

I can’t upgrade my 2022.1 installation to 2023.1. Also repair of old version fails!

Regards

Juha

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #696856 Reply

support-swapna

Juha,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with the upgrade.
    Can you please clarify how you are upgrading? Is it via Help > Check for Updates from within the MyEclipse 2022.1 or by running the offline installer for MyEclipse 2023.1?

If you are using the offline installer for 2023.1 to upgrade, then please update to 2023.1 from within MyEclipse 2022 using Help > Check for Updates. Start MyEclipse 2022 with -clean command args to reset the plugin cache and try the update to 2023.

The other option is to install a fresh copy of 2023 alongside your existing 2022 installation. Delete the .deliverycenter.installs file located in your user home folder, run the 2023 installer and choose to install a fresh copy to a different location. You can continue to point it to your existing workspace, of course.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Do let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#696857 Reply

melartin
    Participant

Hi!

I was using the offline installer.

But when I try Help -> Check for updates, program says there is no new updates found! And in the section:Lock to version, the most recent version is CI 2021.5.24a!
    But when I look Help -> About MyEclipse:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 2022.1.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20220324

Thank you!

Juha

#696858 Reply

support-swapna

Juha,

Strange that you are unable to get the latest update via the Help > Check for Updates.
    Are you behind a firewall or proxy? Can you please share a screenshot of the Help > Check for Updates dialog along with your OS and version details?
    Also share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) to help us check further.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#696865 Reply

melartin
    Participant

Hi!

I was using vpn and proxy for that! Earlier this didn’t work at all (network error), but now it only said: No updates!

Without vpn new updates were found and upgrade succeeded!

Thank you!

Juha

#696868 Reply

support-swapna

Juha,

Glad that you are all set with MyEclipse 2023.
    Please see this FAQ on how to configure proxy in the MyEclipse IDE : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/configuring-the-network-proxy-settings/
    Do let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Upgrade to MyEclipse 2023.1 from 2022.1 fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in