facebook

Upgrading MyEclipse 4.1.0 to 5.1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Aditya04

Hi ,
    We have a web application (resin 2.1.8,jdk 1.4.2) and MyEclipse 4.1 and i want to upgrade my IDE to 5.1. Will i encounter any problems by doing that.

You prompt reply will be highly appreciated.I have to renew my subscription in 2 days .so i need the answer for my queries fast.

Thanks,
    Minu

#266216 Reply

Greg

MyEclipse 5.1 requires Eclipse 3.2 so I would recommend installing the MyEclipse 5.1 All-in-one install in a separate, clean directory. Make a backup copy of your 4.1 workspace just in case. Then when MyEclipse 5.1 starts and it prompts you for your workspace, point it to your MyEclipse 4.1 workspace. All of your projects should be converted to MyEclipse 5.1 projects with no issues.

#266242 Reply

Aditya04

hey one more question….i have Eclipse 3.1 and moving from 3.1 to 3.2 …won’t create any issues .

Please clear my doubts.

Thanks,
    Meenakshi

#266248 Reply

Greg

You should be fine. Let us know if you run into any trouble.

#266284 Reply

Aditya04

One last Question i am using jdk 1.4.2_07 (Eclipse 3.1 +MyEclipse 4.1) ,as per you, i will be fine if i upgrade to Eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.1.Does , My Eclipse has dependences on jdk(version).

Plz help me here,

Thanks,
    Meena

#266441 Reply

Greg

Meena,

MyEclipse requires 1.4.2 or greater (on windows), so you should be ok. Many of the features (UML, Image Editor) require JDK 5 on linux.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Upgrading MyEclipse 4.1.0 to 5.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in