URI has an authority component

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of support-joy support-joy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #298427
    Profile photo of Dino Flores
    Dino Flores
    Member

    I have seen more people with this problem :

    URI has an authority component

    when opening a .xhtml file. Being used is myeclipse x64.

    My projects are starting to encounter severe delays of this issue i cannnot seem to overcome.

    I have also noticed that when I righ click on the .xhtml file in the Explorer (open with) i see the ‘My Eclipse Visual JSF Editor’ listed twice (2x !!). Does this maybe indicate something wrong ?

    All my other projects run fine, just this project seems like being corrupted.

    Is there any hint ?

    Kind regards,
    Dino Flores

    #298444
    Profile photo of support-joy
    support-joy
    Member

    Dino Flores,
    I could not replicate the issue. I will need more information on this.
    1. How did you install ME? – used all-in-one installer/ download using pulse explorer/installed eclipse classic 3.4.1 and added MyEclipse plugin
    2. Can you copy and paste your installation details? You can get them from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    3. Are there any 3rd party plugins installed? You can get them from Help > software Updates > Add/Remove software
    4. what is the type of project that you are working on?
    5. Can you document the steps to reproduce the issue?

    #324439
    Profile photo of javaboy88
    javaboy88
    Member

    After updating to MyEclipse Enterprise 10.1.0 and Pulse 4.2.0 (on “dashboard”), I cannot open an XHTML file in my web project without getting this “URI has an authority component” message. It seems to be related to a css file link, but I really need some help resolving this problem.

    #324470
    Profile photo of support-joy
    support-joy
    Member

    javaboy88,

    Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Please answer below queries to help me investigate further –
    1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to clipboard] and paste the same here
    2. Clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach file here
    3. Attach a sample project to help me replicate this issue at my end.
    4. If you have added any third party plugins, please list them here including the details such as update site or weblink to download the plugin
    5. Attach screenshot of MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software tab and Dashboard tab

    In case the sample project is too large, please zip and email to support@genuitec.com, add ATTN:Joy in the subject and include a reference of this weblink for quick tracing.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    #324692
    Profile photo of javaboy88
    javaboy88
    Member

    I’m going to skip the questions for now because I may have found a solution. I imported a base sample project called “JSF Blank” and I was able to access the xhtml files in that. So, I concluded there was a problem with the actual project I’m working on. My next steps were to create a backup of it to save the coding already completed, delete the project, and recreate it from scratch. Now I’m adding back the pieces a little at a time and, so far, it seems to be working. Let’s keep this open, but on hold until I finish rebuilding the project. If the problem does recur, I’ll let you know and attach the details requested here. Otherwise, I’ll post a short message saying it’s okay.
    Thanks, javaboy88

    #324764
    Profile photo of support-joy
    support-joy
    Member

    javaboy88,

    Good to hear that you have found a working solution. Let me know how this works for you.

    #324876
    Profile photo of javaboy88
    javaboy88
    Member

    For future reference, MyEclipse Visual JSF Designer does appear twice in the “Open With” list and seems to be the default. However, since I recreated the project and changed the “Open With” selection to MyEclipse Visual XHTML Designer, I’m not seeing the URI error. Can’t say for sure which action fixed the problem, but I suspect it was switching to the XHTML designer. I have tried using the JSF Designer option again and it does display the same error message.

    #324911
    Profile photo of support-joy
    support-joy
    Member

    javaboy88,

    Good to hear you are all set. Thank you for your feedback.

    Best.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘URI has an authority component’ is closed to new replies.