facebook

Use of Live Preview

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

Trying to use Live Preview with a generic html page. Have turned on “Live Preview” via the server setting and it appears to engage however when I make a change to the html page neither browser I have open reflects any change IE11 & Chrome (v 50). Am I missing a step?

#482746 Reply

support-swapna

Greg,

After enabling Live Preview on the server, you should be able to view the changes in real time. We released an update to MyEclipse 2016 CI, CI 3 yesterday. If you have not yet updated, then please go to Help > Check for Updates,update to CI 3 and check if the issue persists.

1. Live Preview does not work for Standard license. Please recheck your license level.

2. Are you making changes to the dynamic/static areas of the page? Working with areas touching dynamic areas will not fully work as the server-side processing changes values in ways that are not tracked.

3. Does the Live Preview work with the MyEclipse internal browser? Please share with us the server and its version details.

4. Restart the IDE and check if Live Preview works. Please also check if Live Preview works in a clean workspace?

5. I sent a sample project to your email to test Live Preview. Import it to your workspace,open the index.html and play around with the file and see if your changes automatically reflect in the browser.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#482819 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Swapna, please, can you send me a copy the sample project?
    I have the same issue, and don’t know if i am using it properly.

Thanks!

#482823 Reply

support-swapna

Fernimal,

MyEclipse 2016 CI 3 is out. If you have not updated, please go to Help > Check for Updates and update to CI 3.

I have sent the sample project privately. Please check your messages.

If you are still seeing issues with Live Preview, please share with us the server and its version details and the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Please also answer the questions I posted to Greg to help us investigate further.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#482826 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to install webclipse over a fresh install from “MyEclipse 2016 CI 3”, but the following error appears:

“Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
    Software being installed: Webclipse Suite 1.2.0.201605101607 (com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.suite.feature.group 1.2.0.201605101607)
    Software currently installed: Web Services Support for MyEclipse 14.0.0.c0000006t201605110438 (component.0470-xAp-1369.myeclipse_ws_module.windows.x86 14.0.0.c0000006t201605110438)”

Previously i added the update site “https://www.genuitec.com/updates/webclipse/ci/&#8221;
    Thanks.

#482849 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fernimal,

All features in Webclipse 2016 CI 3 are already a part of MyEclipse 2016 CI 3 – you don’t need to install Webclipse into MyEclipse, and the failure is expected.

Are there features from Webclipse you don’t see present in MyEclipse?

#489273 Reply

support-swapna

Greg,

We have released an update to MyEclipse 2016 CI, CI 4 recently. With the latest update, to use Live Preview, you will now need to turn on CodeLive per server, and then select the files you want to use CodeLive. The first time you view you web project in a browser, you can select the files that will utilize CodeLive. This change in Live Preview optimizes performance by injecting only the necessary files.

Here is the updated documentation for Live Preview using CodeLive : https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/learning-center/using-live-preview/

Please update to MyEclipse 2016 CI 4 and let us know how it works for you. Appreciate your feedback.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Use of Live Preview

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in