facebook

Using Applets in web applications

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

trashermad

Hi, in my development team we are testing MyEclipse for use it with the web oriented applications and we have a question with the use of applets with the client side.

We have an application developed for use with JAVA and we are adapting it to the web, but we wanna combine the use of applets-client side and servlets-EJB-JSP-server side.

We don’t know if it’s possible use the applets normally or via build.xml( or similar) without have to do rare tricks with the classes for do it run.

Well, I’ll be waiting your answer, please.

Thanks!!!!!

#216703 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you clarify your question? I don’t quite understand what you are asking… applets can be run client side using the appletviewer utility that comes with the JDK…

#216758 Reply

trashermad

Oh,yes,yes, but the problem was that the compiler include all the class files into classes of WEB-INF. Generally it can be redirect to other place into application via BUILD.XML file, for example.
    The problem was solutioned yet. All what we had to do was to modify the “java build path” of the eclipse environment.
    Thanks.

#216775 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is everything working now?

#216856 Reply

trashermad

oh yeah!!!
    Now it’s working fine.
    The problem was that the application couldn’t access to applets via index.html ’cause they were into WEB-INF/classes, but with the “java build path” of the application it was solved.
    All it’s working fine.
    Now we are working to deploy the application and try to generate EJB’s under JOnAS 3, but we have little problems with the aplication.xml and the xDoclet.xml…
    Well, we’ll try to do it work.

#216859 Reply

trashermad

Hi, sorry for the questions.
    I know that they are a bit simple, but we are still trying all the possibilities that we can do with MyEclipse.
    We are still trying to do simple applications for test it, and we have a question (between others): it’s possible that all the XML are generated automatically?????

#216869 Reply

Riyad Kalla

it’s possible that all the XML are generated automatically?????

Which XML are you asking about? The web.xml file?

If you want some of the XML files generated automatically for you, you might want to start looking into XDoclet. MyEclipse has XDoclet support in it and you are able to markup your classes and such that your web.xml file can be generated for you. Besides that, there are no other ways in MyEclipse to generate the XML files automatically.

#216879 Reply

trashermad

well, I suppose that we’ve to continue studying xdoclet for generate web.xml, jonas-ejb.xml, applications.xml,etc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Using Applets in web applications

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in