facebook

Validatiion preferences don’t seem to be applying.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am owner of a profile that I am distributing to the team using the standard invite approach and using the web installer.

When the developers eclipe environment opens up for first time, they go to work center and it reports X number of updates. They apply the updates and then restart myeclipse.

Upon re-opening myeclipse, same workspace, they go back to the center and it says there are still updates…less than X(e.g. it was 39 originally and now it says there are 22).

It looks like the shared preferences as it relates to validation are not sharing properly. I am guessing that I either shared a preference setting I was not suppose to or something is broken to cause it not to match what I shared.

Is there any knowns bugs or words of wisdom on when sharing preferences will NOT work or if there are certain preferences you simply cannot share?

Basically, I did not want to share “suspend” all validators so I left that unchecked. I just wanted all the validators to be NOT selected at this point.

Also, I set the ant home and that did not always share properly(e.g. it used the default instead of my settings). The home directory DID exist in all cases before preferences were applied.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

#333318 Reply

support-swapna

ken.linck,

Sorry that you are seeing issues.
    I have escalated it to a dev team member. They will get back to you.

#333798 Reply

Any update on this? I noticed this is also an issue for other preferences.

For example, I changed a formatting preference and this is what i noticed:
    1) I shared the change
    2) Went to another persons machine. They applied the update.
    3) They went to preferences to confirm the change was made. At the time they applied the udpate, the change appeared to have been done.
    4) They restarted eclipse. They went back to the preference and the change was no longer there.

In order for the change to appear permanently saved, I had the user undo the change in preferences and redo the change and hit apply. Then after the restart the change took effect.

It’s almost as if, when applying updates, the changes are made but never persisted/permanantly saved. That make sense?

#333819 Reply

support-swapna

ken.linck,

Aplologies for the delay. Our team is investigating the issue.

Can you please let us know how exactly did you share the profile and the settings ?
    What updates were still showing after the first lot of updates were applied ?
    Also share the Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

#333862 Reply

support-swapna

ken.linck,

I have raised a PR for the dev team for this issue. For now the only workaround I can suggest is to export all workspace preferences from the sharing machine and import them into the shared machines.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Validatiion preferences don’t seem to be applying.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in